Volvo Cars Multi-Skilled Body & Paint Apprentice Hildenborough Volvo
A fantastic apprenticeship opportunity within the Volvo Cars Authorised Repairer Network where you can learn and develop both new and your existing skills in an exciting and challenging role - best of all you'll earn while you learn!
Closing date: 08 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
11 Sep 2017
19 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Candidate’s daily duties will involve:
- Remove & refit body panels e.g. wings, doors, bonnets, tailgates.
- Repairing & reshaping panels using body filler, panel hammers and other special tools.
- Welding on new panels.
- Mixing & applying primers & colour coats, using spray guns & equipment.
- Polishing painted panels using polishing machine.
- Remove & refit of mechanical parts e.g. wheels, suspension, steering, air conditioning, transmissions, engines.
- Remove & refit electrical components e.g. lights, security systems, instruments & entertainment systems, charging and starting systems, electrical fault finding.
- Remove & refit interior & exterior trims e.g. bumpers, spoilers, door trims, carpets.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication & listening skills
- Problem solver and have attention to detail
- Be good in a practical environment
- Be very safety conscious
- Be patient & well organised
- Comfortable with the use of up to date information technology
- The ability to work as part of a team, supporting a number of colleagues
- Desire to work in a results-focused environment
- Take responsibility to keep your product knowledge up to date and relevant
- Flexibility to work within workshop opening hours, including weekends
- You will need 3 GCSEs or equivalent at A-C, especially Maths, English, ICT or equivalent
Things to consider
About the employer
- Over the 36-40 month programme, you will initially work towards a Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship in Multiskilled Vehicle Collision Repair before progressing to a Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship also in either Vehicle Body Repair or Refinishing
You will receive the following:
- At work training supported with coaching and assessment
- Instructor led training at Volvo’s Training & Development Centre at Daventry
- Online learning modules (+ other elective sessions if you wish)
- Webinar based modules
- Qualification unit assignments: NVQ level 2
- In repairer and web based assessments towards your qualification
Vehicle Body and Paint
CALEX UK LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Volvo Training & Development Centre
Aidan Tierney firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 08 Sep 2017