Childcare/ Nursery Nurse Apprentice Tamba
Display a positive approach to learning new skills and working within in a team. You must be reliable, trustworthy and punctual. You must have a genuine interest in early education and be prepared to gain further qualifications to achieve a recognised Level 2 or Level 3 Childcare qualification.
Closing date: 24 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
31 Aug 2017
18 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
This vacancy is advertised by the Training Trust on behalf of Tamba. You will attend the Training Trust one day per week for your college work.
- Providing a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for the babies and children placed in our setting
- Working alongside parents/carers as well as the room leader
- As an Apprentice, you would be expected to diligently attend your training course, completing assessments and examinations in order to achieve the required standard in your studies and assessments
- You will be planning and setting up activities for the children
Requirements and prospects
- Display a positive approach to learning new skills and working within in a team
- Be willing and able to take direction from experienced personnel and welcome all new opportunities to learn
- You must be reliable, trustworthy and punctual
- You must have a genuine interest in early education and be prepared to gain further qualifications to achieve a recognised Level 2 or Level 3 Childcare qualification
- Caring nature
- Natural interest in the care and education of babies and young children
- Have an ability to build warm and trusting relationships
- Be a good communicator and have a tidy appearance
- Good Maths and English (you will be required to re-sit GCSEs to gain grade C or above (or equivalent) if not previously obtained in order to become a fully qualified level 3 practitioner)
- Previous experience desirable (for level 2 application) though not essential
Things to consider
About the employer
- Full Apprenticeship framework in Children and Young People's Workforce Level 2 & Level 3
Children and Young People's Workforce
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Training Trust (WFCCTT)
Aisha or Vicky
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 24 Aug 2017