Childcare/ Nursery Nurse Apprentice Little Green Man Nursery
Being a key worker for individual children. Being responsible for caring for babies and children. Planning activities according to the EYFS. Working with parents and other team members.
Closing date: 24 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
31 Aug 2017
18 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
This vacancy is advertised by the Training Trust on behalf of Little Green Man Nursery:
- You will attend the Training Trust one day per week for your college work.
- An abilities to work into all areas of the nursery with different age group of children.
- Fully Understand the EYFS to plan activities and to record the children’s development as they move through the nursery.
- Prepare snacks for the children.
- To attend to their personal care needs throughout the day ensuring that the child is respected and safe at all times.
- Feeding the children and attending to the sleep and rest needs throughout the day.
- Being responsible for maintaining a clean and safe environment for the children, staff and parents alongside other staff.
- Reporting the room leader and managers of the nursery.
Requirements and prospects
- Some knowledge of working with children preferable, though not essential.
- Good time keeping and attendance.
- Good communication skills.
- Kind and caring qualities.
- Cheery disposition.
- Willingness to learn.
- GCSE’s Maths and English Grades A-C or equivalent preferable, though not essential.
Things to consider
- Early starts.
- Train or bus journey.
- Being answerable to manager or room leader.
- Late finishes.
About the employer
To help parents who work beyond school hours, we provide a Breakfast and Teatime Club, picking children up from three of the local schools, and run Holiday Schemes as well. You will be able to rest assured that your child is being cared for in a safe environment doing a wide range of stimulating and enjoyable activities.
- Child care level 2 apprenticeship.
Children and Young People's Workforce
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Training Trust (WFCCTT)
Aisha or Vicky
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 24 Aug 2017