ATA Clinical Simulation Technician Apprentice L2 THE NATIONAL SKILLS ACADEMY FOR HEALTH LIMITED
This is an exciting new post, primarily based in the Clinical Skills and Simulation Suite at Kingston University which will combine technical administrative and team working skills to support to the Simulation Faculty.
Closing date: 27 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
11 Nov 2017
16 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The Faculty of Health, Social Care and Education is a joint enterprise of Kingston University and St George's, University of London.
As one of the leading providers of health, social care and education courses and training in the United Kingdom, we're proud to be playing a pivotal role in shaping the future workforce for London.
The post-holder will be expected to adopt a flexible approach to work in order to staff the
Clinical skills and Simulation suite at Kingston Hill, Kingston University. They will need to be prepared to work across sites to gain experience and skills in units at St George's, University of London, Tooting.
- To provide technical and administrative support for all clinical skills and simulation learning and teaching activities for both internal and external courses
- To provide first line service and maintenance of clinical skills, simulation and audio visual equipment
- To assist with preparing rooms to support training/educational teaching, courses, assessments and examinations
- To provide a safe, well equipped clinical skills and simulation training environment
- To assist in administrative duties in order to effect smooth operation of the clinical skills and simulation suite
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the preparation and set-up of equipment and resources for clinical skills and simulation teaching and assessment
- Assist in the clearing up of equipment and resources.
- Trouble-shooting of technical issues.
- Basic maintenance of skills, simulation, and other educational equipment including reporting of repairs
- Assisting with the maintenance of records and documents
- Ordering of departments supplies and equipment
- Use of the Kingston university room booking system to schedule events within the centre
- Respond to enquiries made by phone, email or post, referring to clinical skills and simulation where appropriate and necessary
- Perform other appropriate duties which may be required from time to time by the educational team, for example, simulation activity, including preparing role players and being a role player where appropriate
- Actively contribute to successful team working and standards of supportive practice
- To achieve apprenticeship framework (functional skills, NVQ, Technical certificate) within the specified time frame and;
- Attend appropriate training sessions for the programme
- Undertake written work, where necessary, during own time throughout the duration of the course
- Be willing to travel to other sites to gain additional experiences
Special Working Conditions
The post-holder will be expected to adopt a flexible approach to work in order to staff the Clinical skills and Simulation suite at Kingston Hill, Kingston University. They will need to be prepared to work across sites to gain experience and skills in units at St Georges. There will be an occasional requirement to work early mornings, evenings and weekends to meet the needs of the service.
Health & Safety
You are required to: co-operate with supervisors, managers and other employees to achieve a healthy and safe environment, to take reasonable care of your own health and safety and that of other persons who may be affected by your actions, to carry out your responsibilities in ways that help to ensure a safe and healthy place of work.
In the course of your work you are to bring to the attention of your supervisor or manager:
- Any situation which reasonably could be considered to represent a serious or immediate danger to the health and safety of any person.
- Any matter which reasonably could be considered to represent a shortcoming in the Trust’s health and safety protection arrangements
Manoeuvre goods and equipment in accordance with manual handling regulations and good practice
Carry out your duties in line with faculty Equality policies and procedures, including relevant legislation, to deliver and promote equity of access to healthcare and equality of opportunity at work at all times.
Infection Prevention and Control
Be familiar with and follow Infection Control Policies and designated hand hygiene procedures appropriate to your post. In addition you should take action to report to your manager or appropriate person any incidents or poor practice that may result in the spread of infection.
Be aware of and undertake mandatory and other training requirements necessary for the successful and safe performance of your job, including relevant updates.
Maintain and process all information concerning staff, contractors or the business of the centre to which the post holder has access, without divulging such information to any third party or make use of information gained in the course of employment, except where this is clearly within the remit of the post holder and the other party’s responsibility.
Restriction on Smoking
The university and Hospital is “Smokefree”. You may not smoke in any buildings or grounds except in the designated smoking zones.
Requirements and prospects
- Methodological approach and an ability to follow instructions with attention to detail.
- Demonstrate good interpersonal and communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Manual dexterity, accurate coordination
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Flexible approach to work duties
- Calm under pressure
- Motivation and willingness to undertake the apprenticeship
- Basic understanding of the Healthcare Environment
3 GCSEs Grade C or above (or equivalent) in English Language, Maths
Things to consider
About the employer
Kingston University, London will support you by guiding and teaching you the simulation technician role whilst the training provider Dynamic Training will compliment this by providing the nationally recognised Level 2 Healthcare Support Services apprenticeship working towads the Level 2 Certificate in Healthcare Support Services QCF
Health Healthcare Support Services
Health and Social Care Specialists
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Dynamic Training Uk Limited
Iwona Elliott email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 27 Oct 2017