Engineer CNC Mill/Lathe Programmer/Setter/Operator Apprentice Porvair Filtration Group Ltd
An exciting opportunity to work in a dynamic working environment learning how to program, set and operate a range of Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) lathes and also 3 and 5 axis CNC Mills. You be manufacturing precision components in stainless steels
Closing date: 26 Aug 2017
Total hours per week: 38.00
Possible start date
04 Sep 2017
16 May 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- Learn to program, set and operate a range of modern Multi Axis CNC Lathes and Mills.
- You will be learning to use the latest techniques, including applying innovative work holding arrangements and the utilising the latest high technology tooling
- Learn a range of machining strategies to increase accuracy and productivity
- Program Lathes with driven tooling
- Program a range of 3 and 5 axis CNC Mills
- Learn to set a range of cutting tools including unique modified cutters
- Produce products with a high degree of accuracy and finish, ensuring Porvair’s quality standards are achieved.
- Learn to self-inspect complex parts using mechanical inspection equipment
- Site safety is of paramount importance to Porvair, you will complete of off the job training as well as a Porvair’s specific health and safety induction before learning how to use the equipment on site
Requirements and prospects
- You will have a good level of dexterity
- Demonstrate an interest in manufacturing mechanical components is highly desirable
- You will have good co-ordination
- Your logical approach to problem solving will enable you to perform to make a good contribution to all aspects of the job
- You need to be able to learn through instruction and experience.
- Your motivation and drive are the assets that will be best appreciated.
- You will need good communication skills as you will develop into a role where the ability to communicate on a technical level with peers and management is a crucial skill
- You will need to be open minded and willing to develop your knowledge and skills to support your future development
- 3 GCSE's at grade C or above (or equivalents) to include Maths and English are essential
- Additionally a science or engineering qualification is highly desirable
- Any engineering experience or qualifications will be looked upon favorably
Things to consider
About the employer
Throughout the duration of the Apprenticeship you will be required to attend PETA’s Havant training centre for off-the-job training. The majority of skills development training in years 2, 3 and 4 will be completed with your employer at your place of work.
You will work towards the following qualifications:
You will be employed whilst you are completing your apprenticeship this will include 12 months of day release training at PETA Ltd where you will complete your Level 2 Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence) qualification. This will include:
- Preparing and using Manual Turning Machines
- Preparing and using Manual Milling Machines
- Preparing and using CNC Milling Machines
- Using fitting and assembly Techniques.
This will also complete the Level 2 Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Technical Knowledge).
You will be expected to progress onto the Level 3 Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence) delivered in the workplace by your PETA assessor. You will be day released for two years to complete a Technical certificate (Level 3) as part of your advanced apprenticeship framework. This will be the Level 3 Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Technical Knowledge).
You will also achieve Functional Skills in Math’s and English at level 2 (if you have not already achieved C+ or a Grade 4+ in these disciplines).
Advanced Manufacturing > Machinist (Advanced Manufacturing Engineering)
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by PETA Limited
Phil Brooke 02392 454445
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 26 Aug 2017