Apprentice Commis Chef Myton Hamlet Hospice
To produce freshly made meals to our patients, visitors and staff. We provide three, three course meals each day for patients. We also provide a small range of hospitality services to meet the needs of internal and external customers who use our meeting and lecture rooms
Closing date: 03 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
04 Sep 2017
16 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
To produce freshly made meals to our patients, visitors and staff. We provide three, three course meals each day for patients. We treat catering as part of the care that we provide at Myton. The Chefs speak to the patients every day to ensure their catering needs are met. The role will be to learn how to do all of this and to interact with patients, staff and visitors. A wide range of hands on skills will be developed alongside the learning received at College.
Apprentice Commis Chef Key Responsibilities:
- To produce a range of high quality, freshly prepared meals to relevant food hygiene standards to patients, staff and visitors
- To obtain from patients (and relevant nursing staff as appropriate) patient menu orders. To prepare and deliver meals to patients at appropriate service times.
- To ensure all records and audits are undertaken, recorded and retained so as to ensure compliance with all appropriate statutory regulations and inspecting authorities.
- To assist the Catering Manager with stock control. To daily record usage of food / catering products & materials and report as required in accordance with procedure. To ensure sufficient and appropriate stock is maintained at all times.
- To minimise food and other product wastage.
- To assist with kitchen and equipment cleaning.
- To comply with all relevant health, safety and hygiene procedures. To ensure the highest standards of cleanliness both within the kitchen and associated areas are maintained by all staff so as to comply with the food and safety acts and Environmental Health requirements.
- To assist with special functions, some of which may occur outside normal working hours and to assist, when necessary, with menu rota preparation.
- To provide a professional customer focussed service at all times to patients, staff and visitors.
- To report any customer compliments or complaints to the Catering Manager.
- To immediately report any untoward incidents, including infestation, accidents, equipment or facility failure or damage.
Requirements and prospects
- Some food production / hands on skills already
- Good listener and communicator
- Willing to learn and develop
- Good interpersonal skills as role will require interaction with patients, staff etc
- Friendly and well mannered
- Reliable and trustworthy
We are seeking a candidate who has some experience and training behind them already. We therefore feel that £5 per hour for 35 hours per week represents an appropriate level of apprentice we are seeking
- Food hygiene level 1
- Basic Catering / Food production qualification
Things to consider
About the employer
- NVQ Diploma in Professional Cookery Level 2.
- Functional Skills English and Maths if a Grade C or above or equivalent has not been achieved.
Hospitality > Commis Chef
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Stratford upon Avon College
Bryan Anderson 01789 266245 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 03 Sep 2017