ICT Engineer Apprentice Ref: 2751 KILLER-BYTE
The main responsibilities of the IT Engineer are: Support teaching and learning through ICT. Complete work brought into the Repair Centre(s). Conduct Domestic, Commercial and Educational visitations on request. Support the Manager in the provision of IT services. Provide input to IT reports, projections, specifications and directions
Closing date: 28 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
03 Sep 2017
16 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To support Killer-Byte aims as laid out in its Vision Statement.
- To support teaching and learning through ICT.
- To complete work brought into the Repair Centre(s).
- To conduct Domestic visitation on request.
- To Conduct Commercial visitations on request.
- To Conduct Educational visitation on request.
- To deal with routine technical problems ensuring that prompt or preventative action enables the systems to run smoothly.
- To support the Manager in the provision of IT services.
- To keep up-to-date with pertinent trends and technologies.
- To provide input to IT reports, projections, specifications and directions.
- Maintain and support Killer-Byte’s premises and equipment.
Requirements and prospects
- A full Clean Driving Licence would be highly advantageous to the nature of the role
- A comprehensive knowledge of Windows Operating Systems.
- A working knowledge of MS Office Suits.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team under the direction of the Manager.
- Good communicator both oral and written with attention to detail.
Maths and English Grades A - C preferred.
Things to consider
About the employer
Skills Made Easy work to match employers to training providers and help recruit suitable candidates. The Training Provider will be confirmed with you at a later stage however you should bear in mind that you may need to attend day release courses with your Training Provider and may need to travel for this. Apprenticeship Qualifications may include an NVQ, Personal Learning and Thinking Skills, Employee Rights Workbook and Functional Skills.
IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals
SHEFFIELD CITY COUNCIL
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skills Made Easy
David Archer 01142 735960 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Aug 2017