Apprentice Greenkeeper Matlock Golf Club
To work flexibly, carrying out golf course maintenance and development tasks as directed by the Head Greenkeeper in accordance with the Health and Safety Policy and the Greenkeepers code of conduct.
Closing date: 25 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
04 Sep 2017
15 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Assist with the daily set up of the golf course, including changing holes, moving tee markers, indicating out of bounds, drop zones and hazards.
- Assist with the swishing and brushing of greens and raking of bunkers.
- Maintain and achieve presentation of greens bank sides and surrounds, semi-rough and rough areas, specifically by strimming use of Flymo mowing, blowing and using other appropriate equipment.
- Assist with the cutting of tees, greens, surrounds, fairways, rough and semi-rough, applying to dressing and fertiliser, control of pest and diseases, renovating worn and damaged turf, maintaining and repairing tracks and pathways.
- As stipulated clean, check, prepare and maintain machinery.
- In line with Health and Safety requirements to safely use vehicles, operational machinery and equipment, and lifting and handling equipment.
- At all times demonstrating courteous customer service to all members of staff and visitors.
- Carry out other reasonable duties typified by path construction and repair, bunker repair and development, tee repair and construction, walling and fencing and any other duties as requested by the Head Greenkeeper.
Requirements and prospects
A willingness to learn as full training will be given.
Must be committed to gaining valuable experience and qualifications in this industry. And be able to show a genuine interest in doing so.
- Able to work well as part of a team
GSCE Maths and English A-E or equivalent
Your application will be declined if grades are not stated.
Things to consider
About the employer
Matlock Golf Club
- Intermediate Apprenticeship Level 2 in Golf/Greenkeeping
- Functional Skills in Maths & English if needed
- ERR (Employers Rights & Responsibilities)
Horticulture > Golf Greenkeeper
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by DART Ltd (Dales Agricultural Rural Training)
Sue Kelly 01332 794910 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 25 Aug 2017