Apprentice Plasterer KEEPMOAT REGENERATION LIMITED
Plasterers can work on both interiors and exteriors of buildings. Inside they will mix and apply different kinds of plaster to walls and ceilings in order to prepare them for decorating. Outside they may apply a number of different coating such as sand and cement render or pebble-dash
Closing date: 28 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
04 Sep 2017
15 May 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- Plasterers can work on both interiors and exteriors of buildings.
- Inside they will mix and apply different kinds of plaster to walls and ceilings in order to prepare them for decorating.
- Outside they may apply a number of different coating such as sand and cement render or pebble-dash.
- Plasterers usually work as part of a small team and can specialise in either solid or fibrous plastering.
- Solid plastering involves applying wet finishes to surfaces and protective coverings like pebble-dashing on external walls.
- Fibrous plastering is the creation of ornamental pieces such as cornices or ceiling roses, using a mixture of plaster and fibres to fill molds or casts.
Requirements and prospects
- Ideally the candidate will have some knowledge and understand which tools are required for different duties.
Qualities which are useful to a Plasterer are:
- Capable of a physically demanding role.
- Creative but practical approach (for decorative work).
- Hand-eye coordination.
- Numeracy and measuring skills.
- Health and safety awareness.
- Spatial awareness.
- GCSEs or equivalent/ in English and Maths.
- Completion, or close to completion, in a Level 2 Plastering Qualification.
Things to consider
About the employer
KEEPMOAT REGENERATION LIMITED
- You will be working towards a Level 3 NVQ in Plastering and will be required to attend Salford City College one day a week.
- Functional Skills are provided if required.
SALFORD CITY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Salford City College
Louise Corbett 0161 631 5366 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Aug 2017