Apprentice Nursery Practitioner STORYBOOK DAY NURSERIES LIMITED
Storybook are looking for an enthusiastic, caring individual to join their team of professionals in caring for their provision of children.
Closing date: 05 Nov 2017
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
06 Nov 2017
15 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Offering an opportunity to Earn as you Learn! You will be mentored and supervised by qualified professionals and you study to towards your NVQ Level 2/3 in Childcare.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- To ensure that each child’s potential is fully developed in a social, physical, psychological and cultural sense and their development both as an individual and as a member of a group, is paramount at all times
- To share responsibility for the preparation of a stimulating and caring environment, with due regard to all aspects of Health and Safety
- To participate in planning and organising appropriate play and educational activities
- To observe, assess and contribute to the written record of each child’s progress
- To foster each child’s development and growth of independence and self-reliance
- To encourage the children in developing both English and their own language
As part of the team, to contribute and participate in:
- Planning and preparation of the class, group work and individual work to suit the needs and age of the pupils
- Whole school/Centre record keeping
Participating in meetings relating to:
- curriculum development, general administration, school organisation and pastoral arrangements
- Maintaining good order and discipline among pupils, safeguarding their health and safety, both on school premises and when engaged in authorised school activities elsewhere
- To provide personal care to a child, whilst at the same time encouraging their independence
- To encourage and value the involvement of parents/carers in the life of the school and to appreciate and recognise the expert knowledge they have of their child
- To implement the Centres/ Council’s Equalities and Race Equality policies fully
- To work actively to overcome and prevent discrimination on the grounds of race, religion, gender, disability, sexuality and status
- To be aware of own practice and keeping up with current trends in education
- Attend relevant courses and INSET, in accordance with priorities in the Centre Development Plan
- To render first aid in accordance with school policy
- To support the school and Centre by participating in events at either site
- To undertake any other duties as may be required from time to time to meet the needs of the setting
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Team work
GCSEs C or above preferable (or equivalent).
Things to consider
About the employer
Newly Established in the Upminster area, Storybook's team of enthusiastic professionals are welcoming the opportunity to give someone the chance to build a career in childcare.
With a friendly, enthusiastic and dedicated approach you could see yourself excel in the nursery environment. Fun loving, professional caring environment for children and employees alike.
Your future could start here!
STORYBOOK DAY NURSERIES LIMITED
Childcare Level 2/3 and functional skills in English, Maths and ICT if required.
Children and Young People's Workforce
WALTHAM FOREST COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Care First Training Limited
Emily Laurenza 01277 725971 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 05 Nov 2017