Apprentice Accounts Administrator Hammond Walker Financial Ltd
Working as an Administrator within an Accountancy firm, you will be learning more about Accounting throughout the Apprenticeship.
Closing date: 20 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
25 Sep 2017
15 May 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
The position will start out as an Administrator for the duration of the Apprenticeship, assisting the partner with all administration duties. After completing the Business Administration Apprenticeship there is the opportunity to eventually train further and move into a fully qualified Accountant within the practice taking responsibility for a portfolio of clients.
Duties ultimately will include
- Accounts preparation and incomplete records
- Vat and Tax computations
- Bookkeeping/invoice processing
Full training will be provided from the start with a very good study support package. Applicants must be aware and be prepared to work within an administrator’s position for the duration of the Apprenticeship dealing with:
- Communication and correspondence
- Monitoring deadlines
- Organising courses
- Organising the office
- Managing data
- Providing billing support
- Project work
- Some very basic accounting tasks
Requirements and prospects
- Need to be able to grasp new concepts quickly
- Freethinkers with fresh ideas who are going to make an impact
- Need to convey complex information in a professional and jargon-free manner (eventually)
- Commercial awareness
- Take the initiative and are enthusiastic and interested
- Commitment to hard work
5 A*- C GCSEs including English and Maths (or equivalent).
Things to consider
About the employer
Hammond Walker Financial Ltd
- Level 3 Business Administration (QCF)
- Level 3 Principles in Business Administration
- Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths, English and IT( if necessary)
Business and Administration
ASPIRE TO LEARN LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Aspire2Learn
Nicholas Peirson 0208 9899832 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 20 Sep 2017