Commis Chef Apprenticeship Caprice Holdings Ltd
Fantastic opportunity for a Chef Apprenticeship position available to learn the preparation and cooking of all fresh ingredients on site. This will include meat, fish, poultry, vegetables, breakfast, banqueting and desserts. You will learn basic kitchen skills and in addition learn about food hygiene, health and safety, storage and cleaning.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Oct 2017
12 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Chef Apprenticeship position available to learn the preparation and cooking of all fresh ingredients. This will include meat, fish, poultry, vegetables, breakfast, banqueting and desserts.
You will learn basic kitchen skills and in addition learn about food hygiene, health and safety, storage and cleaning.
- Preparation of meat, fish, vegetables, stocks and sauces as part of a large kitchen brigade.
- Preparing mis-en-place ready for service to standard recipes.
- Assist the chef de partie during service.
- Working as part of a team and making a positive contribution to team spirit and cohesiveness.
- Adhering to company food hygiene standards and cleaning schedules.
- Maintaining safe systems of work and good health and safety practices. Duties will include maintaining temperature records and cleaning schedules.
- Maintaining stock rotation of fresh and dry goods. Labelling fresh and prepared foods
- Preparing ingredients and recipes to laid down standards.
- Working a variety of shift patterns over 5 days per week including one day at college weekly. Shifts will include early starts and some late nights.
- Learn all the dishes on the restaurant menu, including all ingredients and preparation methods.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent personal presentation
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexible to the needs of the job/industry
- Willing to learn
- A strong interest in food - preparing and cooking ingredients
- This a practical position
- Excellent organisational skills
- Motivation is key
- GCSE English and Maths grades A-D/3-9 (or equivalent qualifications)
- GCSE Cookery/Food Tech desirable
Things to consider
About the employer
- On the job training 4 days a week and also 1 day a week at WKC
- Commis Chef Apprenticeship standard
- Functional Skills English and maths at Level 1, progressing to level 2
Hospitality > Commis Chef
WESTMINSTER KINGSWAY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Westminster Kingsway College - Hospitality 'Workforce Development
Susan Milbank email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017