Painting and Decorating Apprenticeship Joe Mark Lancaster
Would you like the chance to become a Painting and Decorating Apprentice for a successful business based in the South West? The opportunities for working for the business are endless. You will be supported be PGL Training throughout your Apprenticeship.
Closing date: 27 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
31 Oct 2017
12 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Carry out preparation and painting of internal & external woodwork, walls, doors, fencing and gates as directed
- Work at height using ladders and scaffolding as directed and in accordance with the Company’s safe systems of work
- Use authorised equipment provided with due care and attention and as supervised.
- Work as part of a team and use materials safely.
- Load and unload materials and equipment as directed.
- Work flexibly across the repairs and maintenance service.
- Carry out relevant trade duties on responsive & planned works as requested to Client Specifications and company standards.
- Preparing the materials you need
- Stripping off old wallpaper or layers of paint
- Tidying up after finishing, and cleaning your tools
- Making sure that the work area is clean and tidy.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent practical skills and the ability to communicate effectively with others.
- A basic awareness of Health and Safety in the workplace.
- To be able to work carefully and pay attention to detail.
- At times you'll need to be able to work at height.
- Excellent customer service skills as you will be meeting customers.
- You should have a positive attitude and be keen with an eagerness to learn
- You must be prepared to listen and follow instructions
- A good work ethic is essential.
- Kind and Polite.
- Helpful and Honest.
- Loyal and hard working.
A good level of Maths and English would be desirable.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Painting and Decorating
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Functional Skills Maths Level 1
- Functional Skills English Level 1
- Functional Skills Maths Level 2
- Functional Skills English Level 2
PGL TRAINING (PLUMBING) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by P G L Construction Training
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 27 Oct 2017