Intermediate Nursery Assistant Apprenticeship Thurmaston Day Nursery
Private day nursery looking for an assistant to work along side the qualified staff in the setting.
Closing date: 22 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
23 Sep 2017
12 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Nursery setting provides childcare facilities for children aged 0 years to 6 years.
- Sometimes providing for school children (before and after school club)
- Setting is well established in the local area.
Daily duties will include:
- Nappy changing,
- Activity planning,
- Completing development records for children,
- Feeding time and other care routines.
Requirements and prospects
- The right person needs to be flexible, hard working, a good communicator, able to use own initiative and work as part of a team.
- You need to have a passion to want to work with children and find it easy to interact with them.
- The right person needs to have a kind and caring nature and be very patient with the children.
- You will need to have a passion to want to work with children and understand that working in a nursery can be long working hours.
- Basic Numeracy and Literacy
Things to consider
About the employer
Thurmaston Day Nursery
- All training will be delivered at the setting alongside the working week.
- No college days are required.
- You will work towards an intermediate level in child care and complete functional skills in Maths and English
Children and Young People's Workforce
ESG (SKILLS) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Interserve Learning & Employment
Interview date and possible start date are only a guideline. Interviews for this position could be arranged at any time after the closing date therefore the start date could alter.
Applications will only be accepted through the Apprenticeship online system not directly through the employer.
In the event that the candidate would like to progress onto an Advanced Level Children and Young People Apprenticeship they must have grades A*-C in GCSE English and Maths as these are the entry requirements as of 1st August 2015.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 22 Sep 2017