IT Support Technician Apprentice 5 Rings It Ltd
We are looking for an IT Support Technician, who is now looking to get into the business world of IT.
Closing date: 18 Aug 2017
£182.69 - £250.00
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
18 Sep 2017
12 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Exciting opportunity to train within the telecoms industry within an expanding local company. The salary for this role will be dependant upon exisiting skills and experience.
- Mainly office based in Lancing
- Work alongside support team
- Answer incoming calls when available
- Carry out diagnosis of IT issues
- Resolve IT issues with or without support team assistance
- Create tickets with detail of clients IT support issues
- Inform clients of the progress of the issue by e-mail or phone
- Follow up e-mail or phone call to ask the client if everything resolved
- Understand IT to a competent level
- Adopt a proactive approach to the IT systems of our clients
- Manage time spent on IT issues and escalate issues where appropriate
- Updating client's services and hardware on our online billing platform to ensure our client is billed correctly
- Talking to clients and possibly up-selling 5 Rings' new services including new IT services
- Possible visits to clients in the future to review account
Requirements and prospects
- A basic knowledge of Windows desktop operating systems would be advantageous but not essential.
- a basic knowledge of Windows Server operating systems and Exchange would be advantageous but not essential
- IT networking
- Computer hardware
- IT fault diagnosis and resolution
- Office applications
A driving licence would be advantageous to be able to undertake client visits or a willingness to learn in the future.
- Good timekeeping
- Good telephone manner
- After initial training, we would hope this person would work on own initiative
- Enjoy the challenge and work passionately with an expanding company
- GCSE Grade C required in Maths, English and IT or equivalent
- A good working knowledge of IT and/or gadgets / networking
Things to consider
About the employer
The successful candidate will study the Level 2 IT Application Specialist/IT User Framework working within the Telecoms industry and applying the knowledge from the framework to the telecoms industry.
This will include health & safety, Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR) and a Technical Certificate.
For those that don’t already hold GCSE (or equivalent) grade C or above in English and Maths, they will also be required to sit Functional Skills in these subjects.
IT Application Specialist
Greater Brighton Metropolitan
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Northbrook College
Angela Crane 01903 273126 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 18 Aug 2017