Level 3 Motor Vehicle Technician Apprentice Ian Smith
A motor vehicle technician is a highly skilled Engineer. During your apprenticeship you will be taught about all areas of vehicle service, repair and maintenance.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
01 Sep 2017
12 May 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Always wanted to be a qualified car technician?
There is an exciting opportunity for an apprentice to work alongside qualified technicians where you will be trained in all aspects of service, maintenance and repair of vehicles.
Your duties will include:
- Carry out a wide range of servicing and repair work on vehicles to a high standard
- Analyse work orders carefully to understand a vehicle’s condition, the accuracy of the diagnosis, and what work has been agreed
- Ensure effective use of technical knowledge and skills enabling efficient, economic and safe servicing and repair of vehicles.
- Complete repair and service records and other appropriate activities required.
- Demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team to deliver excellent customer service
- Build effective working relationships with colleagues
- General housekeeping
- Follow all Health & Safety procedures
As part of your course you will be expected to attend Bolton College 1 day per week for the duration of the Apprenticeship.
Please ensure you can easily get to both the workplace and to college before applying.
Requirements and prospects
- To be part of an exciting team, you will be expected to have a passion for cars with good problem solving and practical skills
- Once on-board, you will be expected to be an integral part of a workshop team in helping to achieve tight deadlines by:
- Showing initiative,
- Able to follow verbal and written instructions well,
- Have good communication skills
- Able to work efficiently while paying attention to detail
If you believe that you have the passion and enthusiasm to work in Motor Vehicle, and also want to provide customers with an outstanding experience, then please apply
- Excellent communication skills
- A positive and ‘can do’ attitude
- Excellent timekeeper
- Share a true passion for motor vehicles
- A willingness and desire to learn
- GCSE or equivalent Maths and English grade C or above desirable.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 3 Motor Vehicle Maintenance and Repair.
- Functional Skills if required.
Automotive retail > Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician [light vehicle]
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Bolton College
01204 482032 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2017