IT Helpdesk Apprentice Romero Insurance Brokers Ltd
Estio Training has an exciting new opportunity for an IT Helpdesk Apprentice with Romero Insurance, based in Yeadon, Leeds.
Closing date: 13 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
27 Oct 2017
12 May 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
As an IT Helpdesk Support Apprentice with Romero, you will support the existing user base, develop relationships with users and solve technical issues in a timely fashion whilst providing a friendly, helpful service. You will be required to use your own initiative in order to provide professional, effective and efficient support for PCs; including (but not limited to) Windows 7, Windows 10, and Microsoft Exchange.
Reporting to the IT Director and working with the support team your duties will include:
- Being first point of contact for all enquiries, both via phone and the internal helpdesk system
- Logging all telephone support calls within the helpdesk system, ensuring that all relevant information is captured and correctly prioritised
- Monitoring the helpdesk system for incoming requests, and action for support or additional information
- Ensuring that all issues are progressed to meet agreed SLA targets
- Ensuring that all issues are kept up to date and the customer is informed of the progress
- Ensuring that all issues are updated with the full resolution details prior to closure.
You will be trained on:
- The methods to fulfil the above duties
- How to liaise directly with a diverse range of end users from multiple departments
- How to meet company service standards and turnaround times
- Effective communication skills (specifically over the phone and by e-mail)
- Managing varying workloads and prioritisation of tasks and work orders.
Requirements and prospects
- The aptitude/ability to liaise directly with a diverse range of end users.
- The aptitude/ability to meet company service standards and turnaround times
- Strong communication skills (specifically over the phone and by e-mail)
- Technical aptitude – the ability to learn new technologies quickly (full training will be provided where required)
- The aptitude/ability to work in an organised manner, under pressure and methodically.
- The aptitude/ability to work pro-actively whilst multi-tasking and within a team environment.
- Flexibility to cover extended hours where necessary.
- Customer focused
- Natural problem solver
- IT savvy
5 GCSEs at grades A*- C or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
About the employer
Romero Insurance Brokers Ltd
The Estio Training IT Apprenticeship programme gives young people the opportunity to get practical experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will complete week blocks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
Training will lead to industry-recognised qualifications including:
- Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard
- Functional skills, Maths L2, English L2 and ICT L2
- PLTS and ERR
- CompTIA A+
Estio training also offer the following optional units:
- MCTS on Windows 7
- MCTS on MCSA, MS Solutions Associate
- MCITP on Windows Server 2008
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
- MCSA Windows Server 2012.
Digital Industries > Infrastructure Technician
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Faye Brown 01133 500 333 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 13 Oct 2017