Intermediate Childcare apprenticeship Alphabet House Day Nursery Ltd
Busy day nursery looking for an apprentice to join their team.
Closing date: 11 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
12 Sep 2017
12 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The successful candidate will be participating in the following duties on a daily basis:
- To work as part of the nursery team to provide high quality care and education for the children
- To play with the children
- To liaise with and support parents and carers
- Undertake certain domestic jobs within the nursery e.g preparing snacks and cleaning
- Ensure good hygiene and cleanliness is maintained at all times
- To support the team in providing effective planning for the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Ensure all nursery policies and procedures are adhered to
- To attend in and out of working hours activities e.g staff meetings
- To work in a professional, efficient and caring manner at all times
Requirements and prospects
- We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who has the ability to work well in a team but who is also able to use their own initiative and work independently.
- The successful candidate will need to be a confident individual with a caring manner
- You will be required to work to training deadlines with good time management skills
- You will need to be a hardworking individual who has a proactive approach to their work
- You must be a good communicator
- You must endeavour to be a good role model to the children
- A helpful and friendly approach is essential
- A smart appearance is essential
- Willingness to succeed as a childcare worker
Basic knowledge in Maths and English
About the employer
- You will be assigned an assessor who will visit you once a month to track your progress and work through your NVQ with you.
- No work will be done in a college as it will all be done in the nursery.
- Level 2 NVQ
- Functional Skills if required
Children and Young People's Workforce
ESG (SKILLS) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by esg
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 11 Sep 2017