Apprentice Administration Assistant BURTON COPELAND LLP
Burton Copeland are looking for an apprentice to assist provide efficient and effective support to all departments in general areas, e.g. photocopying, incoming and outgoing post, archiving, scanning, filing, file opening, file updates and time recording, reception duties etc.
Closing date: 22 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
25 Oct 2017
12 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To provide efficient and effective support to all departments in general areas, e.g. photocopying, incoming and outgoing post, archiving, scanning, filing, file opening, file updates and time recording, reception duties etc.
- Relief cover for reception/Administration Department
- On request the photocopying/scanning of documents, bundles and legal files ensuring that the copies are complete, clear and accurate. Where relevant, filing in binders with appropriate dividers in accordance with the originals.
- The coordination of outgoing post including DX and local deliveries. The preparation of documents and correspondence for delivery and the franking and stamping of envelopes/packets as necessary. Monitoring the value of prepaid postage in the franking machine and arranging credit when necessary. Ensuring that all items are provided in readiness for collection at the usual time(s)
- The transit of files and documentation between the Madison Place address and the archive storage facility.
- To ensure that stationery stocks are stored in an orderly fashion in the relevant area and highlighting any items requiring re-ordering, completing the order form as necessary. Following delivery of orders promptly placing items in the usual location.
- To receive training in and provide assistance in areas of facilities administration.
- The regular checking of printers, photocopiers and faxes making sure that paper trays are adequately supplied and replacing toners as necessary. Completing suppliers copy returns as necessary.
- Ad-hoc duties as required.
- Utilising digital dictation, production of documents correspondence and file notes as dictated or requested by any principal or fee-earner within the group allocated and ensuring that workload within the secretarial department is managed in the event of an evident backlog in another area.
- Making appointments utilizing the electronic and/or paper diaries, arranging meetings and reminding the appropriate fee-earner of appointments, providing file notes as required. Ensure at all times an organised planning of the fee-earner's time and that all key dates are recorded and actioned.
- The taking of phone calls for the principals/fee earners allocated and making the appropriate file note. As necessary, maintaining the task in the event of holidays/absenteeism of other secretaries. Where relevant taking messages and ensuring that the intended recipient is made aware of the message either by e-mail or written note.
- To promote and effect competent communication in all dealings with clients and colleagues, ensuring information is relayed to all parties quickly and efficiently either verbally or in writing. Briefing the appropriate fee-earners on all matters brought to their attention which have been dealt with or are in process.
- Ensure the positive representation of the firm in all dealings with clients and others
- Processing all administrative functions efficiently and in accordance with the procedures laid down in the office manuals including file management, time recording and those relating to the Legal Services Commission Specialist Quality Mark where appropriate.
- Ensuring that adequate stocks of paper and printed stationery are maintained within the department/branch office, requesting additional supplies as necessary.
Requirements and prospects
Must be well organised with good IT skills.
Must be keen and enthusiastic.
It is important for the candidate to have a good standard of Maths and English with GCSE or equivalent grades A-C.
Things to consider
About the employer
Training will be provided in order to achieve a Level 2 qualification in Business Administration. The majority of your training will be in the workplace, where you will be visited by an assessor every 4-6 weeks. However, you may also be required to attend Salford City College for additional Functional Skills classes.
Business and Administration
SALFORD CITY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Salford City College
Stacey Reid 01616315877 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 22 Oct 2017