Childcare Apprenticeship L2 Rockbourne Day Nursery
Rockbourne Day Nursery are looking to help support the team already working there. Assisting in quality care to 0-5 year olds Monday to Friday helping making the childs care fun and helping them to grow and develop
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Oct 2017
11 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Duties to include:
- Help staff with both long and short range of activities.
- Assist in play and stimulating games to paly with children.
- Record all accidents accurately.
- Maintain daily and open communication with parents.
- Cleaning duties essential.
- All forms and documents completed.
- Security adhered to and safeguarding policies and procedures adhered.
- Arrange room environment to suit needs of activity.
- Health and safety at all times within the nursery.
- Equipment kept clean and tidy.
- Closing down procedures followed.
- Notice boards kept up to date.
- Pass information over to other staff members.
- You do need to have an updated CV as this will be requested.
- You will need to complete a Disclosure Barring Service document should you be successful so please look into this.
Requirements and prospects
- To contribute to a high standard of care for children placed within the nursery.
- Give support to the other individuals within the nursery setting.
- Able to communicate using different methods.
- Listening skills.
- Understands childrens needs.
- Can do attitude.
- Great timekeeper.
- Smart and professional.
- Willing to learn.
- Willing to clean up after children.
- Be involved in daily activities.
- Willing to have DBS completed and have the documents ready.
- If you wish to progress onto your L3 you will need your GCSE in Maths and English A-C grade or equivalent.
Things to consider
About the employer
Rockbourne Day Nursery
- Level Childcare Apprenticeship, including and NVQ and functional skills which will be delivered by Interserve/ESG at the business premises so no requirement to going to college.
Interserve will contact you to discuss your application prior to going through to the employer.
Children and Young People's Workforce
ESG (SKILLS) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Interserve Learning & Employment
Jules Westbrook firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017