Apprenticeship in Multi-Skills Gearies Infant School
Under instruction/guidance of appropriate senior staff, provide a maintenance, security and cleaning service for the school site and premises.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2017
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
04 Sep 2017
11 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Security, lock and unlock school buildings and areas.
- undertake regular security checks and identify security risks, monitor fire safety equipment and carry out fire drills.
- operate and respond to alarm systems where appropriate.
- Maintenance, undertake repairs and maintenance within own capabilities.
- ensure regular servicing and testing of ewuipment and facilities is carried out to an agreed scedule.
- Ensure grounds are kept tidy, eg weeded, swept.
- Cleaning, ensure washroom supplied are replenished according to use, maintain clean and hygenic premises on a daily basis.
- Remove rubbish and waste which may include the safe handling of hazardous waste.
- Resources, to assist with the upkeep of the assett inventory
- ensure adequate stock of required resources
- Health and safety, carry out safety audits, keep records of checks, monitoring and testing.
- Ensure working environment is suitable eg check heating is working, grounds are not slippery due to inclement weather.
- Management and Organisation, take responsibility for energy conservation and ensure meter readings are taken.
- General, carry out related administrative tasks Porterage duties, cover first aid.
Requirements and prospects
- Able and willing to climb ladders (after awarene4ss training)
- Ability to carry out visual and manual health and safety checks as per regular schedule and report on outcomes.
- in conjunction with senior staff, follow through an action plan arising from health and safety checks.
- Physically able to cope with the demands of the job.
- have a good knowledge of ICT equipment.
- Child friendly team player with good inter-personal and communication skills.
- Honest, reliable and trustworthy
- Good time keeper with good time management skills
- Self motivated and proacdtive as well as able to follow instructions.
GCSE in English and Maths (grade C minimum) or equivalent
Things to consider
About the employer
Gearies Infant School
Level 2 Multiskills NVQ/Tech certificate
Functional Skills if required
NEWHAM COLLEGE OF FURTHER EDUCATION
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Newham College of Further Education
Lorraine Jones 0208 522 5729 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2017