Childcare Apprentice The Learning Tree Nursery
The Learning Tree are looking for the right candidate who is looking to complete their L2 qualification who holds GCSE's A-C or equivalent to progress onto your L3 Early Years Educator. You will be working as part of a team and be given responsibility to work with children 0-5 years old.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
01 Oct 2017
23 May 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Duties of this role may include:
- Help staff with both long and short range of activities.
- Assist in play and stimulating games to paly with children.
- Record all accidents accurately.
- Maintain daily and open communication with parents.
- Cleaning duties essential.
- All forms and documents completed.
- Security adhered to and safeguarding policies and procedures adhered.
- Arrange room environment to suit needs of activity.
- Health and safety at all times within the nursery.
- Equipment kept clean and tidy.
- Closing down procedures followed.
- Notice boards kept up to date.
- Hand over to other staff members.
Requirements and prospects
- To contribute to a high standard of care for children placed within the nursery
- Give support to the other individuals within the nursery setting
- Communicate using different methods
- Listening skills
- Understand childrens needs
- Can do attitude
- Great timekeeper
- Smart and professional
- Willing to learn
- Willing to clean up after children
- Be involved in daily activities
- GCSE (or equivalent) in Maths and English A-C or equivalent grades required.
Things to consider
About the employer
What our parents think…
“We are very pleased with the progress Chloe has made since she has started at nursery. Chloe thoroughly enjoys coming to nursery and is always full of happy stories when she is picked up.”
“All of the children are treated as individuals and the staff genuinely seem to care.”
Concentrating on social, language, discovery and number related skills, our qualified staff will help children develop in an exciting and stimulating environment that will provide them with the best possible springboard for their future school years.
It’s principal Jane Orme is a Bachelor of Education specialising in the pre-school age group, having previously taught at one of the countries most exclusive private schools in Cheshire.
Each nursery is under the careful supervision of a qualified and experienced manager who is responsible for ensuring that the nursery team are well trained and dedicated.
Our other staff include NNEB qualified nursery nurses, nursery assistants and a specialist cook.
The Learning Tree Nursery
- Level 3 Childcare - which is inclusive of a Level 3 NVQ and functional skills in Maths and English which will be delivered to you by Interserve learning and employment.
Children and Young People's Workforce
ESG (SKILLS) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Interserve Learning & Employment
Jules Westbrook email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017