HR Business Apprentice, Mansfield INTEGRATED DOORSET SOLUTIONS LIMITED
As a HR Business Apprentice you will be working as part of an office team, supporting many aspects and departements within the company.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2017
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
14 Sep 2017
11 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Integrated Doorsets is a single source supplier of performance doorsets and architectural ironmongery solutions providing high quality products ideally suited to the health, education, commercial, leisure, office fit out and high end residential markets. Integrated Doorsets has been created out of our firm belief that there is a better way to address the construction industry’s supply needs for its timber-based doorset and architectural ironmongery requirements. https://integrateddoorsets.com/about/
Vision Business are working in partnership with Intergrated Doorsets to recruit an HR focussed Business Administrator. As a HR Business Apprentice you will be working as part of an office team, supporting many aspects and departements within the company. There is an opportunity for progression for the right candidate.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Preparing new starter paperwork
- Preparing leaver paperwork
- Auditing employee working hours
- Monitoring sickness, holidays & unauthorised absences
- Maintaining the organisational chart
- Manning reception desk
- Booking flights / hotels / taxis
- Placing stationery orders
- Mailing duties
- Manage board room bookings
- Ad hoc administrative duties
- Attend and complete relevant on‐the‐job training as required
- Strive to continuously improve team work, processes and effectiveness in the work area
- Learn to apply HSE principles and practices within your working environment and ensure compliance with protective clothing equipment requirements at all times
- Adhere to the company’s policies and management practices
Applicants will be required to attend an Assessment Centre with Vision Apprentices as part of the screening process.
Requirements and prospects
- Good time management
- Able to deal with colleagues in a professional manner
- Happy to work as part of a small team
- Commitment to occupational health and safety, especially safe work practices in a mechanical workshop
- Excellent communication skills
- IT Skills
- Able to take and understand instruction
- A people focus and HR aptitude
- Practically minded and a good problem solver
- GCSE Grades A to C or 9-4 (new grades) equivalent are essential, specifically English
- ICT Level 1 or Business Admin Level 1 or equivalent
Things to consider
About the employer
West Nottinghamshire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the country with a well-earned reputation for excellence particularly in the areas of apprenticeships. The college was named a national Beacon College in 2009. With 30,000 students nationwide and links with over 2,000 employers, we are a high-profile centre of education that is well known for producing work-ready, ambitious and highly-skilled individuals. We offer apprenticeships, advanced apprenticeships and adult apprenticeships in a range of sector specialisms.
- An apprenticeship allows you to study towards a recognised qualification whilst in an employed position and usually includes; Job-specifics training through working alongside experienced staff
- A competency based qualification to demonstrate you have the skills required to carry out the job. These are assessed by breaking down the contents of the jobs within your specific occupation into tasks called units of competences and will be measured through observations, assessments and witness testimony.
- A technical qualification that includes theoretical knowledge required in an occupation and underpins the knowledge required for the competencies.
- Functional Skills (Literacy, Numeracy and IT) Dependent on your prior attainment you may need to be assessed in a literacy, numeracy and ICT skills which are an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successfully completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition.
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Possible Enhancements
Business and Administration
VISION WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Vision West Nottinghamshire College
01623 627 191
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2017