Apprentice Hairdresser Geilly Green
We are looking for exceptional hairdressing or barbering apprentices. You will train one day a week at our state of the art Training Academy & Salon in Camden where you will experience the highest quality technical training.
Closing date: 20 Dec 2017
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
21 Dec 2017
11 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The job role within the hairdressing salons will be as an apprentice hairdresser or barber and you will be expected to:
- Meet and greet customers
- Shampoo and conditioner customers’ hair
- Maintain a clean salon
- Provide refreshments to the customers
- Reception duties
- Prepare customers for the stylists to cut, tint hair etc.
- As you develop skills you may be given the opportunity to style hair and apply tint and colour
Your training will require you to demonstrate your competence in shampooing and conditioning, cutting hair, tinting hair, styling hair, setting and dressing hair and reception duties.
Your skills and competence will be assessed on paying customers, either in our training salon in Camden or in your workplace.
Requirements and prospects
Hairdressing or barbering is a fast moving, fashion orientated business, so you will need to:
- Be creative
- Enjoy meeting people
- Have a lot of energy
You don’t have to be the academic type and there are no set entry criteria for the Hairdressing Apprenticeship.
You would also need to:
- Be well presented in all aspects including clothing and personal hygiene.
- Be practical and well organised.
- Be a good communicator with excellent social skills.
- Have attention to detail and cleanliness.
- Have a good sense of humour and amicable nature skills whether dealing face-to-face with clients or speaking on the telephone.
- Be willing to work flexible hours/days as agreed in the employment contract.
- Have a high degree of dexterity and coordination.
You won't need qualifications to apply but you will need the motivation and commitment to want to become a hairdresser or barber.
Things to consider
About the employer
Apprenticeships combine on-the-job and off-the-job training.
This means you'll spend time in a hairdressing salon working and learning the hairdressing or barbering skills to develop your competence in hairdressing or barbering.
ou will attend one day a week at our state of the art London Hairdressing Academy training centre and salon, learning the underpinning knowledge and practical skills associated with hairdressing as well as important skills such as customer service, teamwork and retail skills including Maths and English.
You will gain skills, insight and experience with real clients, real work and real products.
Apprenticeships are not qualifications in their own right. Instead they are a framework made up of many elements.
An intermediate NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing or barbering which is a work based qualification that is designed to ensure the apprentice is job ready. This will include the following:
- How to engage with customers.
- Shampoo and conditioning.
- Reception Duties.
- Cutting techniques.
- Appointment making.
- Styling techniques.
- Preparation of clients.
- Colouring techniques.
- Product promotion services.
- Key skills qualifications such as Communication and Maths.
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities.
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The London Hairdressing Apprenticeship Academy Limited
Jessica 02089539344 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 20 Dec 2017