Modern Apprentice Administration Lister House Surgery
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a successful and thriving company that offers a varied and exciting role. We are looking for an enthusiastic, talented individual, with keen attention to detail,to join our team as an Administration Apprentice.
Closing date: 20 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
28 Aug 2017
16 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Each morning check fax - ensure toner is full, allocate faxes to different departments
- Each afternoon check the fax again
- Clear any items from photocopier and distribute
- Collection and sorting of the practice post
- Data input of change of name/addresses on TPP SystmOne GP Clinical System
- Scanning, coding and linking of documents on TPP SystmOne GP Clinical System
- Photocopying of Medical Record Reports
- Filing and retrieving manual (paper) medical records
- Printing off electronic patient files for deductions
- Sorting of patient letters that have been sent to us for patients who have left the practice and returning to sender
- Letter generation
Requirements and prospects
- Someone who is enthusiastic and willing to learn
- Someone with good time keeping who has a professional manner
- A knowledge of all Microsoft packages
- Good telephone skills and good communication skills
- General office procedures and finance would be an advantage
- The ability and desire to work as part of a team are essential for this role
- You must possess strong communication skills and be able to absorb information
- You should be conscientious and have attention to detail
- GCSE grades in Maths & English A-C or equivalent
About the employer
Lister House Surgery & Oakwood Medical Centre Derby
We aim to provide the highest quality healthcare to our patients. Use our website to learn more about the practice, to update your personal information, request repeat prescriptions, manage your appointments and obtain information and advice about your health needs.
- NVQ Level 2 Business Administration
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Development
- Functional Skills if required
Business and Administration
BABINGTON BUSINESS COLLEGE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Babington Business College
Masood Mohammadi 01332 345450 Masood.Mohammadi@Babingtongroup.co.uk
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 20 Aug 2017