Apprentice Hairdresser Laura Kuilik
The Hair Bank are looking to recruit an Apprentice Hairdresser to join their team based in Urmston.
Closing date: 05 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
19 Sep 2017
10 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Whilst gaining invaluable training and experience you will be:
- Assisting the salon in the smooth day to day running.
- Assisting the stylists and Salon Managers with their client base.
- Greeting clients and preparing them ready for stylist.
- Work hard to get good results and develop good relationships with clients.
- Be aware of changing fashion trends, new looks and popular products.
- You will be taught skills within the hairdressing industry to enable you to take those initial steps in becoming the futures next up and coming creative stylist.
Over the training program you will be fully trained on:
- Reception duties including answering phones and booking in clients.
- Customer care.
- Advising and consultation.
- Health and safety.
- Blow drying.
- Colouring hair.
- Cutting hair.
- Basic admin duties.
- Hairdressing training and basic duties such as fringe trims and blow drying.
- General housekeeping throughout the day to ensure salon is always welcoming to the client.
Required behaviours and values:
- You will have a keen interest in the hair and beauty industry, presentable and conscious of portraying a professional image at all times.
- The salon is also involved in hair shows and magazine shoots and is looking for someone who is interested and wants to pursue this area.
Requirements and prospects
- Good customer service skills.
- Telephone skills.
- Rapport and chatty.
- Team member.
- People person.
- GCSE Grade D or above in English and Maths or equivalent.
Things to consider
About the employer
- NVQ Level 2 in Hairdressing.
- Functional Skills.
- Technical Certificate.
- Employment Rights.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Trafford College
Sabina Dunworth - Ali 0161 886 7461 Sabina.Dunworth-Ali@trafford.ac.uk
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 05 Sep 2017