Social Media, Marketing and Business Administration Apprentice YORKSHIRE OSTEOPATHY LIMITED
Receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or practitioner in a courteous, efficient and effective way. You will also provide general assistance to the Practice team and project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person, via the telephone or by email.
Closing date: 01 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
04 Sep 2017
10 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Receptionists may include any or all of the items in the following list :
- Opening up/locking-up of Practice premises and maintaining security
- Ensure an effective, courteous and efficient reception service is provided to patients and visitors
- Creating, maintaining and analysing marketing campaigns
- Maintain working knowledge of the appointment system, i.e. times of all clinics, duration of appointments, knowledge of computer system, therapists’ rotas, and procedures for booking routine and urgent appointments
- Receive and make calls as required
- Take messages, ensuring accuracy of detail and prompt, appropriate delivery
- Process tasks
- Accessing emails/social media messages and dealing with them promptly
- Taking payments and being accountable for the petty cash/daily banking
- Maintain working knowledge of computer/clinical system, reporting any problems to the practice manager
- Be aware of confidentiality and sensitive nature of patients needs
- Deal with health and safety as instructed
- Effectively manage own time, workload and resources
Requirements and prospects
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good IT skills with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.
- Ability to develop website and social media presence online
- Good telephone manner
- Able to work on own initiative
- Punctual and good time keeping
- Pleasant manner
- Well presented
- Willing to learn and achieve
GCSE grades A - C in Maths, English and ICT, desirable but not essential
Things to consider
About the employer
- NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration
- Functional Skills Level 1 Maths, English and ICT (if not exempt)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Selby College
Leanne Simms 01757 211092 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 01 Sep 2017