Apprentice Service Technician Vertu Motors PLC
• You will be an Apprentice service and diagnostic motor technician in a busy workshop environment. • You will carry out tasks relevant to maintaining and repairing motor vehicles. • You will also be partly responsible for maintenance of the workshop environment.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
20 Sep 2017
10 May 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- You will be an Apprentice service and diagnostic motor technician in a busy workshop environment.
- You will carry out tasks relevant to maintaining and repairing motor vehicles.
- You will also be partly responsible for maintenance of the workshop environment.
- As part of your training you will attend our Vauxhall Apprenticeship technical centre in Nottingham for block release training. (Accommodation & transport costs will be covered by your employer)
Requirements and prospects
- All we ask is that you are committed to the Apprenticeship Programme for 3 years and have the passion and ambition to grow into a highly skilled Car Service Technician.
- Work experience within the industry would be advantageous.
- Team orientated
- Good communication skills
- Positive outlook
- Willing to learn and follow instructions
- Evident interest and enthusiasm for automotive vehicles and the industry
GCSE Grades A-C (or equivalent) are preferred but other candidates may apply.
Things to consider
About the employer
Here at Bristol Street Motors Harrogate Vauxhall we have a full range of quality new Astra, Corsa, Zafira, Agila, Meriva, Antara, Combo Tour, Insignia & Vivaro models and a comprehensive stock of used vehicles.
As approved Vauxhall dealers, our friendly staff will be glad to share with you their expansive knowledge about the Vauxhall product range and answer any questions you may have.
Customer satisfaction is hugely important to us and we are dedicated to finding the right car for you.
Finding the best deals on used and new Vauxhall cars in Harrogate couldn’t be easier.
Also available are unbeatable MOT and Servicing facilities carried out by our trained technicians using the latest vehicle diagnostic technology which will ensure that you receive the best possible service.
Call now to book an appointment or visit our Harrogate dealership to view our latest stock and take a test drive.
Vertu Motors PLC
- Training consists of 17 weeks block training over a 3 year period with the remainder of your time being spent at a Vauxhall retailer where practical training and guidance will be provided.
- You will be working towards an Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3) along with Functional Skills in Maths, English & ICT at Level 2.
- You will also work towards Vauxhall internal qualifications via My Academy Bonze & Silver courses.
Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
Raytheon Professional Services
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Raytheon systems Ltd
Bhavika Parekh 01159 457 480 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2017