Apprentice Hairdresser Sass
The apprentice plays a critical role in the salon and you will be expected to help create a positive and friendly environment for our customers by preparing them for their stylist.
Closing date: 20 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
04 Sep 2017
10 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The apprentice plays a critical role in the salon and you will be expected to help create a positive and friendly environment for our customers by preparing them for their stylist – typical duties will include:
- Meeting and greeting clients and making them feel welcome in the salon.
- Providing clients with refreshments, magazines and gowns.
- Shampooing clients hair and applying treatments if directed.
- Assisting stylists in providing hair services where required.
- General salon tidying, cleaning and sweeping hair throughout the day.
- Learning to promote additional services and/or products.
- Attending in-house staff training and workshops/demonstrations.
- Assisting with general health and safety salon requirements, policies and procedures.
- Any other duties to help the stylists in the running of the salon.
Requirements and prospects
No hairdressing experience is necessary, what is more important is your ability to show a real passion and desire for your chosen career.
Being able to show a basic understanding of the industry and the role of the apprentice will help your application and your interview if you are shortlisted.
- Must be well presented
- Reliable and punctual
- Enthusiastic and keen to learn
- Can show initiative and be proactive
- Be focused on providing high quality customer care
GCSEs A*-C in English Language and Maths or equivalent would be desirable but not essential.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing
- Level 2 Technical Certificate
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English and Maths (where applicable)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
SOUTHAMPTON CITY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Southampton City College
Samantha Hounsome 07919212941 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 20 Aug 2017