Business, Finance and Marketing Administrator Apprentice Camlin Lonsdale Projects Ltd
This is an exciting opportunity to work for Camlin Lonsdale undertaking varied duties. You will be working with a hardworking and friendly team.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
30 Sep 2017
18 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The role will include various administration, finance and marketing duties with the aim for the right candidate to develop and have more responsibilities during their apprenticeship. The role will include some of the following areas:
- Sage Instant Accounting
- Production and issue of sales invoices
- Monitor invoice payment, issue monthly statments and chase late payments as necessary
- Maintain a record of fee income
- Petty cash expenditure record
- Reconcile bank statements
- Manage on line banking and BACS payments
- Preparation of V.A.T. and Company House Returns
- Preparation of information for accountants
- Stock control - office supplies, photocopier/laser
- copier maintenance and materials
Job Cost recording:
- Plan copying
- Orders for external graphics and equipment
- Staff time sheets and leave records
- Staff expenses
- Freelance invoices
- Manual filing
- Archiving of jobs in collaboration with job landscape
Basic Marketing Support
- Market research
- Generate and update project sheets
- Follow up mail outs
- Maintain record of marketing activity
- Social media monitoring
- Website updates/development
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the organisation which is relevant to your post within the company to meet the overall business objectives.
Requirements and prospects
- The job requires flexibility, organisational and communication skills and the ability to prioritise work when necessary.
- Book keeping skills
- Keyboard skills
- Organisational skills: ability to maintain accurate
- records and dependable retrieval systems
- Time management: ability to organise one’s own time efficiently and according to deadlines
- Interpersonal skills: ability to work in team environment within the office and represent the company in a positive light externally.
- An enthusiastic individual
- Flexible approach to work, willing to go the extra mile to get the job done
- Must be punctual as well as having a good attendance record
- Ability to work on own initiative, when required
- Ability to work effectively as both part of a team and as an individual,
- Respond positively to the demands of a varied workload.
- Friendly and approachable.
- Commitment to undertake continued training and development.
- Grade C or above in Maths and English or equivalent would be preferred but each person will be considered on their individual merits.
There is a strong possibility that you will gain a permanent position following successful employment as well as achievement of the full apprenticeship qualification.
There may also be further apprenticeship/other training available following successful employment and achievement of the apprenticeship qualifications
Things to consider
There are good transport links by bus from Huddersfield bus station. There is also a train station in Slaithwaite.
Please check the time it will take for you to travel as well as the cost.
About the employer
NVQ Diploma Business Administration – The NVQ qualification starts on date of employment - Evidence is gathered and assessed in the workplace.
The candidate will understand the following: Organising and administering meetings, manage diary systems, how to use different office equipment, organisation of travel and accommodation, use of mail services in a business, understand customer service in a business, how to prepare different types of business documents, understand data protection, confidentiality, copyright, security, how information is managed in business organisations, laws, health and safety as well as confirming understanding of the company’s policies - Delivered in college – The delivery starts in April or September, on a Wednesday.
o Maths Level 1 then 2
o English Level 1 then 2
o ICT Level 1
Exemptions may apply if GCSE Grade C or
equivalent has been achieved.
You will be required to attend college one day per week for this training.
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Kirklees College
Following applying for this vacancy the first stage, after your initial application, will be to attend an interview with Nichola Barnes at Kirklees College, Huddersfield. If you do not attend this interview your application will not progress any further.
For any further information on this vacancy please contact Nichola Barnes at Kirklees College on E-mail: email@example.com
or Tel: 01484 437066/07788390025
NO CONTACT should be made with the employer at this initial stage, the College is more than happy to help you with any queries you may have.
Candidates will be asked to complete a literacy & numeracy assessment as part of their application.
The salary may be negotiable. This will depend on experience.
The salary may also increase after a probationary period, if the budget allows, following successful employment and production of the required work towards achieving the qualifications towards the apprenticeship training programme.
This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017