Apprentice Hairdresser (The Hair Lounge) Lauren Taylor & Claire Shuttleworth
First year embarking on a 2 year apprenticeship, Hair Lounge Hairdressers Romanby are looking for a brand new level 2 apprentice. If you are interested and would like more information please contact Claire or Lauren. An enthusiasm for hairdressing and willingness to learn are the most important prerequisites.
Closing date: 27 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
04 Sep 2017
10 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
We have a brilliant team of stylists and are now looking for an Apprentice to join us. This is a full-time role in which you will work in the salon 4 days a week and attend college one day to learn all aspects of hairdressing and work towards achieving your NVQ Level 2. You will also receive in salon training from our highly experienced team.
- Maintenance of the salon-cleaning, keeping it tidy
- Making teas/coffee/refreshments
- Tidying towels
- Greeting clients
- Training given to work on reception
- Will be able to practice on models in the salon
Requirements and prospects
- Flexible approach to work
- Good communication skills
- Able to work under pressure and multi task
- Self-motivation and a passion for hairdressing
- Good work ethic and a commitment to learning
- Hairdressing skills will be developed on the apprenticeship programme
- Honest, reliable and hard working with the ability to work under pressure.
- Friendly, with ability to work in harmony with colleagues.
- Proactive approach and positive attitude.
- Good work ethic and attention to detail.
- Clean, tidy and presentable – setting an example to other staff members
- Effective interpersonal skills in order to liaise with internal and external customers.
You will need 4 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade D-E including Maths and English, although a grade C in either English or Maths is desirable, or a Level 1 Hairdressing qualification.
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing
This Apprenticeship will provide you with a range of hairdressing skills and knowledge to develop your skills whilst working in the hairdressing industry as an apprentice. You will be employed in a hairdressing salon as an Apprentice and the qualification will allow you to work as a Junior Stylist.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Darlington College
Mark Thorpe, Business Development Advisor 01325 503210 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 27 Aug 2017