Infrastructure Technician Apprentice Level 3 Poundbury Systems Ltd
A very varied and interesting opportunity for a Level 3 IT apprentice to support our busy team in Poundbury. This role offers excellent training and experience for the right candidate.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
11 Sep 2017
09 May 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
This is a great apprenticeship for an IT savvy, motivated apprentice and offers a good variety of training within the Service Delivery team. Key areas the apprentice will support, either through remote access or on customer sites will include:
- 1st line support for customers by telephone or on site.
- Software and hardware installation and testing.
- Network installation and configuration.
- PC construction, repair and upgrade, general maintenance.
- Configuring and maintaining email accounts.
- Server management and virus removal.
- Setting up users.
- Some administration work will be required as part of the role.
A driving licence would be useful.
Requirements and prospects
- Logical and creative thinking skills.
- Strong IT skills and aptitude.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and to take responsibility.
- Can use own initiative.
- A thorough and organised approach.
- Ability to work with a range of internal and external people.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a variety of situations.
- Good telephone skills.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Great team player.
- Friendly and approachable, with a helpful attitude.
- Committed, reliable and adaptable.
- Professional outlook.
- You must have at least five GCSEs at grade C or 4 and above or equivalent, including English and Maths and a Science/Technology subject.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Networking and Architecture.
- Mobile and Operating Systems.
- Cloud Services.
- Coding and Logic.
- Business Processes.
- You will receive training on the job.
This Apprenticeship is recognised for entry on to the register of IT Technicians confirming SFIA Level 3 Professional Competence and those successfully completing the Apprenticeship are eligible to apply for registration.
Digital Industries > Infrastructure Technician
BOURNEMOUTH AND POOLE COLLEGE, THE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Bournemouth & Poole College
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2017