Software Support Apprentice Interlink Software Services Limited
Estio Training has an exciting new opportunity for a Software Support Apprentice with Interlink Software based in Handforth, Cheshire.
Closing date: 13 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
27 Oct 2017
09 May 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
An opportunity has arisen for an ambitious, motivated apprentice to join a support organisation. Working in a junior role you will be fully trained in all aspects of software support, configuration and quality control. The successful candidate will join the technical support and customer relations team working with an international customer base:
Some of your duties and responsibilties will include:
- First line support (logging calls, troubleshooting / diagnosis, and resolution or escalation).
- PC assembly and imaging.
- PC maintenance
- General network support and basic troubleshooting (e.g. patching, replacing switches, etc).
- Liaising with other team members to ensure that potential issues are raised and dealt with in a timely manner.
- Handle technical enquiries from customers via phone and email
Requirements and prospects
- Familiarity with Windows Operating Systems
- Familiarity with MS/Office Applications: Word, Excel etc.
- Familiarity with Linux Operating Systems
- Remote administration tools for Windows / Linux / AD / VMware / Hyper-V.
- Windows XP / Windows Vista / Windows 7.
- A strong passion for IT
- Ability to work in a challenging environment, where multiple demands on your time may arrive simultaneously.
- Ability to assess issues through discussion and appropriately prioritise tasks.
- Ability to work well in a team environment on both shared and solo assignments.
- Minimum 5 GCSEs Grade C+ (including Maths)
- Computing related college qualification (if appropriate)
- A-Levels (Computing, Maths, Business Studies - if appropriate)
About the employer
Interlink Software Services Limited
The Estio Training IT Apprenticeship programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will complete week blocks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
Training will lead to industry-recognised qualifications including:
- Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard
- Functional skills, Maths L2, English L2 and ICT L2
- PLTS and ERR
- CompTIA A+
Estio training also offer the following optional units:
- MCTS on Windows 7
- MCTS on MCSA, MS Solutions Associate
- MCITP on Windows Server 2008
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
- MCSA Windows Server 2012
Digital Industries > Infrastructure Technician
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Honor Greenwood 01133 500 333 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 13 Oct 2017