First Line IT Support Apprentice Middlesbrough Council
To provide excellent customer support services as part of the First Line and Service Desk team.
Closing date: 23 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
30 Aug 2017
08 May 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Duties of this role will include:
- The configuration, installation, and support of software, desktop, and mobile devices connected to the Middlesbrough Council network to agreed quality standards.
- To provide a first point of contact response to customers contacting the ICT Service Desk. Deliver remote desktop services and support in order to resolve customer faults in a timely manner.
- To assist in the implementation, monitoring and enforcement of quality standards and working practices, in accordance with key performance requirements.
- To provide professional support and assistance to all customers contacting ICT Services.
- To assist in incident management and fault resolution on behalf of our customers liaising with suppliers as and when necessary.
- In accordance with the Equality Act 2010 where a post holder is disabled, Middlesbrough Council will make every reasonable effort to supply the necessary employment aids, equipment or adaptations to enable employees to perform the full duties of the job.
- All employees are expected to demonstrate a commitment to the principles of equality of opportunity and fairness of treatment in relation to employment issues and service delivery, and adhere to the policies of the Council relating to these issues in the performance of their duties.
- All employees are expected to respect all confidentialities and principles and practice of the Data protection Act.
- All employees are required to comply with Health and Safety policies and legislation.
- Middlesbrough Council is committed to continuous organisational employee development. The employee is required to participate fully in all initiatives, which facilitate continuous improvement in both service quality and employee development and performance, including investors in people.
The above duties and responsibilities cannot totally encompass or define all tasks which may be required of the employee. The outlined duties and responsibilities may, therefore, vary from time to time without materially changing either the character or level of responsibility: these factors are reflected in the post.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to work as part of a team & on their own
- Must be a people person
- Good IT Skills with Microsoft Office
- Excellent telephone manner
GCSE A-C in English, Maths & ICT or equivalent would be advantageous but not essential.
Things to consider
About the employer
- QCF Level 3 in ICT
- Functinal Skills
- Technical Support
IT Application Specialist
ITEC NORTH EAST LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by ITEC North East Ltd
Sammy-Jo 01325328428 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 23 Aug 2017