ICT Assistant Apprenticeship David Gray Solicitors
To assist in all aspects relating to the care and maintenance of computing, audio, visual, photocopying and telephone equipment across the firm.
Closing date: 23 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
30 Aug 2017
08 May 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Reporting to ICT Manager the duties, as and when required, are:-
- Provide first line support to users for hardware, software, audio-visual, and telephone equipment.
- Assist in supporting and managing the IT infrastructure.
- Assist in configuration and setup of IT software and hardware.
- Assist in staff training of IT systems.
- Assist in the development of the company and internal website.
- Work with third party suppliers to ensure IT systems and equipment are operational.
- Ensure the security procedures within the firm are applied.
- Ensure that all office equipment (e.g. printers, photocopier) is kept in good working order and maintained, referring any problems to the Practice Support Manager, or the ICT Manager – whichever is relevant.
- Other duties of an ICT nature as may be as may be requested by the ICT Manager, Partner or Managing Partner.
- To liaise closely and appropriately with, and to be considerate to the Partners and all other staff, remembering at all times that co-operation between all is fundamental to a successful and enjoyable working environment.
- As an IT Apprentice Assistant within the firm you must have the necessary personal qualities to ensure that you can carry out the duties outlined above. A level 2 ICT qualification is required and be working towards completion of a level 3.
Requirements and prospects
- Good IT skills
- Good knowledge of IT Softwares
- Attention to detail
- Well groomed
- Hard working
Grade C or above in GCSE Maths and English.
Things to consider
About the employer
David Gray Solicitors
- QCF Level 3 in ICT
- Functional Skills
- Technical Certificate
IT Application Specialist
ITEC NORTH EAST LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by ITEC North East Ltd
Sammy-Jo 01325328428 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 23 Aug 2017