Environmental Services Operative Horticulture Apprentice YORKSHIRE HOUSING LIMITED
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and eager-to-learn individual, who wants to take the first steps to grow their career with a Horticlture apprenticeship. Apply today to start climbing the ladder to success with Yorkshire Housing!
Closing date: 24 Aug 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
01 Sep 2017
08 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Joining Yorkshire Housing's Environmental Services team, you will…
- Carry out grounds maintenance duties to the highest standards including seasonal cuts, flower bed maintenance, control of weeds and renovation to grassed areas.
- Provide excellent customer service to our customers and a high standard of ground maintenance service for our property’s and schemes
- Carry out grounds maintenance using equipment using best practice and in accordance with health & safety regulations
- Work closely with other teams within the business to carry out programmes of repair and maintenance
- Provide maintenance services in the community to improve areas for our customers
Requirements and prospects
- As part of this role you will be expected to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Alongside this there will also be physical challenges after suitable training - manual handling and use of various horticulture tools and machinery
Yorkshire Housing are looking for a committed individual who is eager to learn and develop on the job, and has a passion to grow their career in horticulture.
- Willing to learn and work outdoors
- Must be enthusiastic
- Must work well in a small team
- Must have good attention to detail
- Must be proactive in their approach to work
- Passionate about a career in horticulture
The ideal candidate would have a GSCE grade C or equivalent in Maths & English and have an enthusiasm for all aspects of grounds maintenance work.
Things to consider
About the employer
Additional location information
- We will offer you full training on the job whilst you work towards a Level 2 Horticulture qualification over 24 months.
- Our apprenticeship programme will also offer you opportunities of personal development, alongside gaining an insight into wider business operations.
- This excellent opportunity could potentially lead onto full time employment.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Tyro Training Ltd
Phil Armitt 01723 588072 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 24 Aug 2017