Toolmaking Engineering Apprentice A A V Plastic Design Ltd
AAV Plastics are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated apprentice to train to become a fully qualified Toolmaker in their longstanding business. This is an excellent opportunity to begin your career as an Engineer and gain experience of various different departments including machining, CNC and injection moulding.
Closing date: 27 Aug 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
28 Aug 2017
16 May 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
The successful candidate will receive full training in all areas of their role. Over time their main duties will include:
- Understand and be able to read both 2D and 3D drawings
- Program and operate conventional CNC machine tools
- Program and operate CNC EDM machine
- Operate manual machine tools including grinders
- Be able to accurately understand and use a range of measuring equipment
- Take a 3D tool model and produce the tooling to high standard
- Openly contribute with designers and suggest improvements to tool design at conceptual stage
- Have the ability to understand and use our 3D design package and make small changes when required
- Understanding of our 3D offline machining package and produce NC programs for the machines we have on site.
- Be able to hand fit tools at their final stage
- Be able to fault find and repair promptly any existing tooling that fails
- Be able to open discussion with other senior members of staff so all contribute to find the best solution
- Understand injection moulding tooling. This is especially important where we have no data and drawings
- Keep clear and concise records.
Requirements and prospects
- Good practical skills
- Work using your own initiative
- Accurate and thorough.
- A genuine interest in Engineering processes
- Able to follow instructions.
- GCSE A*-C (or equivalent) in Maths, Science and English.
Things to consider
About the employer
Successful applicants will attend Yeovil College and initially work towards:
- Level 2 Certificate in Performing Engineering Operations (Foundation Competence)
Upon successful completion of this they will then work towards:
- Level 3 Diploma- Toolmaker, Tool and Die Maintenance (Development Competence)
- Level 3 Diploma in Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge).
At the end of the Apprenticeship, once the apprentice is fully competent, they will then complete their end point assessment which will demonstrate their overall ability against the knowledge, skills and behaviours required.
Engineering and manufacturing > Engineering Technician
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Yeovil College
Lisa Bennett 01935 845363 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 27 Aug 2017