Kitchen Services Level 2 Apprenticeship WAVE-LENGTH SOCIAL MARKETING CIC
We are currently recruiting an Apprentice Catering Service Assistant to ensure the efficient operation of the catering service in accordance with the standard of food service and quality set within the contract. You will learn all aspects of catering and hospitality during the apprenticeship.
Closing date: 14 Oct 2017
£121.50 - £211.50
The current National Minimum Wage rates are £4.05 an hour for 16 - 17 year olds, £5.60 an hour for 18 - 20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship(usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
28 Oct 2017
05 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The Apprentice will work towards the Level 2 qualification in Kitchen Services.
The duties will include:
- To assist in the preparation and serving of food in the kitchen or café area as required
- To assist with the pot and glass wash along with operating the commercial dishwashers
- To assist in the service to customers if required
- To clear tables as required
- To ensure the highest standards of cleanliness are maintained within the kitchen/café area in line with current legislation and contractual requirements
- To ensure that all food is presented to customers in a professional manner in compliance with statuary guidelines and regulations
- To participate in any training or meetings required to undertake the duties of this post
- To maintain the highest standard of personal hygiene in line with The Wakes Hygiene Code of Practise
Requirements and prospects
- Good Literate and Numerate skills
- Ability to follow instructions methodically
- Able to work without supervision
- Good verbal communication skills
- Previous experience in a similar role would be desirable but not essential
The role will appeal to someone who is extremely passionate about working in hospitality. The successful apprentice will have high levels of personal hygiene, be extremely reliable.
Good understanding of numeracy and literacy.
GCSE qualifications at grade C or above in English and maths or the ability to work towards Level 2 Functional Skills.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 Apprenticeship Kitchen Services or Level 2 Kitchen Services
- Level 2 Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Functional Skills in maths and English Level 1 (if applicable)
- Employees Rights and Responsibilities
NEW COLLEGE TELFORD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by New College
Jenny Crowson 07769 224265 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 14 Oct 2017