Apprentice Admin Assistant Mundesley Medical Centre
An exciting opportunity to join the Mundesley Medical Centre as an Apprentice Admin Assistant. The successful applicant will undertake a wide variety of administrative duties to assist in the smooth running of the practice.
Closing date: 20 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
28 Aug 2017
05 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The successful applicant will be required to work as a key member of our staff on a variety of administrative tasks.
We need an individual who is motivated, can demonstrate initiative and attention to detail and who is prepared to listen and learn. In return we can offer you comprehensive training, a pleasant working environment and the opportunity to be part of a team that values excellent patient service. Duties will include:
- To develop administration skills including photocopying, faxing, scanning and filing to support the rest of the medical centre team.
- To develop IT skills to produce documents and posters.
- To input data on to the clinical computer system.
- To arrange for mail to be opened and posted on a daily basis.
- To develop audio typing skills to produce referral letters.
- To generate recall and health information letters for patients.
- To file information including invoices and other important documents.
- To contact other healthcare providers by telephone, e-mail and fax on behalf of the GPs.
- To adhere to the strict rules on confidentiality.
- To assist the practice in other admin duties as requested.
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Attention to detail/Accuracy
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word
- Ability to work under pressure and problem solve
- Understand the importance of confidentiality
- Adaptable and receptive to new ideas and procedures
- Ability to work within a team and with diverse groups of people at different levels
- Must be able to travel to other locations for training if required.
- Can attend training courses outside normal hours of attendance.
- Ability to cope with occasional exposure to aggressive behaviour, distressing circumstances or emotional events.
- Willingness to learn and develop own skills and progress towards Apprenticeship accreditation
- Motivated to continually improve work practices and procedures both in own working area and others
- Team player and good interpersonal skills
- Professional, flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Positive attitude/Good sense of humour
- Must demonstrate an ability to take pride in work
- Will be able to communicate with patients and practice team in an appropriate manner.
- Good general standard of education 5 GCSE A-C grades including both English and Maths, OR equivalent. (Predicted)
- Must be willing to undertake and successfully complete minimum Level 2 NVQ in Business Admin Apprenticeship within the 12 month contract of employment.
Things to consider
About the employer
The practice encourages the growth and development of staff. Many of the existing staff were recruited as apprentices, some over 20 years ago!
The twelve month work based Apprenticeship will include the following training:
- City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration
- City & Guilds Level 1 Functional Skills Maths
- City & Guilds Level 1 Functional Skills English
- City & Guilds Level 1 Functional Skills ICT
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills Workbook
- Employee Rights & Responsibilities Workbook
Business and Administration
POULTEC TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Poultec Training Ltd
Ben Gaskins email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 20 Aug 2017