IT Apprentice Peel Land And Property Holdings Limited
Technically minded? Peel Group are looking for someone to provide 1st line (helpdesk) technical support to both internal and external employees. You will be assisting them with hardware, software and mobile telephone problems via email, telephone, remote administration or onsite visits.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
12 Oct 2017
05 May 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Some of the duties and responsibilities in this role will include:
- Provide technical support; answering support queries either onsite or via phone or email.
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles.
- To take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues.
- To log all calls on the IT Helpdesk portal and maintain full documentation.
- Respond to enquiries from users and help them resolve any hardware or software problems.
- Maintain a log of any software or hardware problems detected.
- Support users in the use of computer equipment by providing guidance and advice.
- To allocate more complex service issues to the relevant IT Support member
Requirements and prospects
- Relevant 1st line / Helpdesk support experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems with emphasis on Windows desktop technologies (Windows 7 &10).
- Experience using and troubleshooting Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Experience with using and troubleshooting Outlook within a network environment (permissions, calendar sharing, and delegation).
- Good understanding of PC hardware set-up and configuration.
- Excellent telephone manner and face-to-face communication skills
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal
- Able to work on own and under pressure
- Good time management and ability to priorities
- Be aware of what else is happening around them
- Work on own initiative to resolve issues not previously resolved
- Professional and smart at all times
5 GCSEs at grades A*- D or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
About the employer
Peel Land And Property Holdings Limited
The Estio Training IT Apprenticeship programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience. Training will lead to industry-recognised qualifications including:
- City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma in IT Support
- MCTS on Windows 7
- MCTS on MCSA, MS Solutions Associate
- MCITP on Windows Server 2008
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Honor Greenwood 01133500333 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017