Apprenticeship in Childcare Merrydale Nursery
You will work four days a week at your nursery setting as a nursery assistant, gaining your practical experience. This will involve a range of activities from arts and crafts to singing and outdoor play. You will then attend college once a week.
Closing date: 15 Nov 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
16 Nov 2017
05 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
You will work four days a week at your nursery setting as a nursery assistant, gaining your practical experience. This will involve a range of activities from arts and crafts to singing and outdoor play. You will then attend college once a week to gain your apprenticeship qualification.
- Maintain accurate and effective children’s records
- Respond appropriately to issues requiring confidentiality
- Support, promote and implement policies relating to diversity and equality
- Work well as part of a team
- Work with the team to ensure the smooth running of the nursery day
- Work in partnership with parents
- Attend parent events and meetings as required
Requirements and prospects
- Previous experience in childcare is not a necessity but can help.
- A genuine interest in wanting to care for children is essential.
- Learners must be caring, professional and able to work well as a team.
- Reliable, punctual and trustworthy
- Enjoys being creative
- Patience and the ability to remain calm at all times
- An understanding of and respect for the diversity of families
- Appropriate level of maturity and personal confidence
- A willingness to reflect on their own practice
- Good time keeping, patience and enthusiasm are all positive qualities for nursery assistants.
- The candidate can demonstrate an awareness of confidentiality requirements and basic understanding of child safeguarding.
Level 2 Apprenticeship Vacancies:
No Qualifications are required for this apprenticeship. Functional skills including Maths, English and ICT are covered as part of the apprenticeship as is Paediatric first aid. A clear CRB may be required by the nursery.
Level 3 Apprenticeship Vacancies:
To undertake the Advanced Apprenticeship candidates will need to achieve or already have achieved a GCSE grade A-C in Maths and English prior to completion of the Advanced Apprenticeship. ICT Functional Skills will be covered as part of the apprenticeship as is Paediatric first aid. A clear CRB may be required by the nursery.
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 2 Certificate in Children and Young People's Workforce or Level 3 Diploma in children and young People's Workforce depending on previous experience and qualifications.
Intermediate apprentices will attend day release.
Advanced can choose between day release, evening or Saturday classes.
Apprenticeships are made up of the Certificate or Diploma plus Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT and Paediatric First Aid certificate.
Children and Young People's Workforce
CHILTERN TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Chiltern Training Ltd
Admissions Team 0118 956 6995
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 15 Nov 2017