Leisure Centre Apprentice Recreation Assistant Seahaven Swimming Pool & Gym
To learn how to undertake all functions involved in running the Leisure Centre which will include preparation of the facilities for customers. To assist in implementing new initiatives and providing an exceptional service to customers.
Closing date: 19 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
30 Oct 2017
04 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To assist in the maintenance, use and updating of safety equipment and to ensure that the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act are properly adhered to.
- To ensure that all users behave in an orderly manner at all times and take appropriate action should any member of the public misuse the facilities.
- To assist with the delivery of continuous improvement plans.
- To be diligent about compliance with the Trust’s Health and Safety Policy.
- To take on relevant responsibilities during Emergency Procedures.
- To clean all areas of the Centre including pool hall, changing rooms, toilets, showers, storeroom and drains to ensure exceptional standards of hygiene and cleanliness.
General Tasks – Dry Side:
- To ensure day to day preparation of facilities eg equipment set ups.
- To undertake coaching/supervision of courses and sessions as required.
General Tasks – Wet Side:
- To lifeguard and supervise the pool area, assist swimmers in difficulty, undertake any necessary life-saving operations and apply First Aid as needed.
- To supervise changing rooms, showers and associated areas.
- To make and record periodic checks on chemical levels of the pool water and report to a manager should it fail to meet the required standards.
- To ensure the day-to-day preparation of the pool facilities for swimming lessons, special water activities and private parties.
- To assist the Operations Manager in organising special water activities for children during the school holidays.
- To maintain a National Pool Lifeguard Qualification including attendance at staff training on a monthly basis.
Requirements and prospects
- Communication skills
- Competent/strong swimming skills
- Customer focused
- Driven and enthusiastic
- Passion for providing exceptional service
- Can do attitude
- Team player
- Interpersonal skills
- National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (or ability to acquire within two months) or equivalent
- GSCE (or equivalent) at grade C or above, in English and Maths
About the employer
- National Pool Lifeguard qualification (to be achieved within 2 months of the start of the programme).
- Full training will be given in company systems/procedures etc. The Leisure Operations Apprenticeship will include Level 2 NVQ in Operational Services, Level 2 Certificate in Leisure Operations (Technical Certificate) and Award in Employment Awareness, plus Functional Skills in English and Maths (if required). All support will be given 1:1 in the workplace by a coach/assessor from AITC.
SUSSEX COAST COLLEGE HASTINGS
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Albion in the Community
Vicky Franklin firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 19 Oct 2017