Apprentice Pastry Chef THEBREAKFASTCLUB LTD
Black Milk is quickly becoming Manchester’s go to dessert café. As we grow we want talented chefs to help develop the ultimate dishes for our customers. With your help Black Milk is to become the go to destination for treats, indulgence and excess. Innovation is the key to our menu; think Willy Wonka in a cook off with Heston Blumenthal.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2017
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
12 Sep 2017
03 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Duties to include:
- Learn and implement the food production procedures and food policies.
- Learn and ensure the company Health & Safety Policy and all other health & safety and food hygiene requirements are met at all times.
- Assisting with the ordering and preparing of food stock appropriate to sales levels.
- Assisting with controlling, reporting and recording food wastage.
- Assisting with stock rotation and ensuring all store rooms/ fridges and freezers are in order.
- Assisting with Monitoring & controlling stock levels – daily, weekly and monthly ensuring there are no shortfalls.
- Ensuring all dishes are to specification and preparation requirements are met.
- Ensuring readiness for service and that all food is presented in a timely manner.
- Ensuring that the storage of food meets company and statutory health and safety requirements.
- Assist with ensuring temperature records and food labelling is maintained and up to date.
Requirements and prospects
- Has a strong desire to learn about the catering industry.
- Willing to work towards the relevant apprenticeship qualification.
- Display a flexible ‘can do’ approach and be open to new ideas, understand the need for change and be willing to adapt.
- Has a flexible approach to working hours as required by the business.
- Willing to undertake any training necessary to meet the requirements of the post.
- Previous experience of working within the catering and hospitality industry is desirable but not essential.
- One team approach.
- GCSE (or equivalent) grade D or above in English and Maths.
Things to consider
About the employer
- NVQ Level 2 in Catering and Professional Chefs.
- Functional Skills.
- Employment Rights.
- Technical Certificate.
Catering and Professional Chefs
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Trafford College
Katrina O'Brien 0161 886 7461 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2017