Apprentice System Test Analyst Park Group Plc
Estio Training has an exciting new opportunity for an Apprentice System Test Analyst with Park Group based in Birkenhead.
Closing date: 26 Sep 2017
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
10 Oct 2017
02 May 2017
Higher Level Apprenticeship
- To plan and execute system tests to assist in the delivery of Quality Applications. This will take the documentation produced (e.g. Use Case) by Systems Designer and translate into test conditions / scripts to enable tests to be executed and bugs to be raised.
- To prioritise tests to ensure bugs are found that would have had the biggest impact on the business or customers if they had not been found.
- To QA the deliverables produced by the other team members & documentation produced by the designers.
- To be able to undertake preparation & execution of tests on IT projects
- To QA design documents and log comments and queries to ensure clarity and understanding of the project deliverables and that sufficient information is provided to translate the design documents into test conditions and scripts.
- To write test conditions and scripts in a timely and accurate manner.
- To have technical and system knowledge to enable test execution and defect logging on all park applications and websites.
- To have technical and system knowledge to enable test data to be identified, manufactured or gathered using existing IT systems or Query Languages
- To be able to log bugs in Bugzilla in such a way that enables the developers / designers to understand the problem with minimal further explanation and understand the importance of using correct priority & severity.
- Understands Defect Management process and encourages others to follow the process.
- To be able to prioritise own work to support the business requirements.
- To be able to prioritise tests in a risk based approach by assessing impact and likelihood of problems occurring in a live environment.
- To provide accurate and up to date task information to the Test Manager for work being undertaken.
- Identify efficient ways of working for team and testing tasks.
- To be able to see tasks through to completion and report any issues.
- Using supplied documentation e.g. Use Case, develop tests that are fit for purpose, and can be understood and executed by any members of the team.
- Keep abreast of testing developments of techniques, tools and technical knowledge.
- Ensure compliance requirements have been met.
- Provide accurate and timely work to an agreed standard.
- Work with external suppliers on key business projects where relevant.
- Ensure satisfactory resolution to system related User queries.
- Ensure tests are documented clearly to allow them to be used in the future for regression testing
- Basic understanding of configuration management including version control, release management, environment control and test data requirements
- Maintain effective communication at all times within the test team and with other areas within the business
- Build productive relationships with key IT teams and user areas
- Embrace changes to approach to testing to ensure key date are met but sufficient testing is still met.
- Assists in the removing of obstacles to the implementation of quality solutions.
Requirements and prospects
- Word/Excel experience
- Ability to take notes and reference when required with minimal assistance
- Park IT Systems / Websites / Products
- Desire to gain ISEB Foundation certificate in Software Testing qualification
- Have good communication skills, both verbal & written
- Be able to work to tight deadlines.
- Good problem solving skills
- Analytical Mind
- Can Do attitude
5 GCSEs at grades A*- C or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
About the employer
Park Group Plc
The Estio Training IT Apprenticeship programme gives people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive seven weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
Training will lead to industry-recognised qualifications including:
- Software Tester Apprenticeship Standard
- MTA Software Development Fundamentals
- MTA Software Testing Fundamentals
Digital Industries > Software Tester
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Estio Technology Recruitment Ltd
Alex Christodoulou 01133 500 333 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 26 Sep 2017