Pre-press /Digital Print Apprentice CORPORATE TIGER LIMITED
Corporate Tiger Ltd are looking for an enthusiastic, dependable apprentice to work within the digital design department. This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual with creative flair.
Closing date: 28 Aug 2017
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
29 Aug 2017
02 May 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Corporate Tiger Ltd are looking for an enthusiastic, dependable apprentice to work within the digital design department. This is a fantastic opportunity for somebody with creative flair.
The ideal candidate should be ICT competent, as work will be required with various programmes, such as adobe Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign and Serif PagePlus etc., to design, view, impose and send to print on various devices.
Experience working with desk-top publishing programmes is beneficial but not essential as long as there is an enthusiasm to develop. There will also be opportunity to learn how to set up and operate several pieces of digital printing/finishing equipment.
As a pre-press operator, your duties could include but are not limited to:
- Scanning digital images to put into documents
- Re-touching images and creating example proofs
- Laying out artwork to plan how a finished page will appear (known as imposition)
- Using desktop publishing (DTP) software packages to set out the artwork, images and text
- Document for accuracy and visual impact
Much of your work will take place on computerised machinery, it will require an eye for detail and the ability to maintain concentration over a long period of time.
Requirements and prospects
- Creative ability
- The ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure
- The ability to concentrate for long periods
- Good colour vision
- Good general IT skills some knowledge of common desk-top publishing (DTP) software
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- Eagerness to learn and develop required skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Be methodical and well-organised
- Have excellent problem-solving skills
- Work to a high degree of accuracy, even when working to a deadline
- Pay close attention to detail
- Have good communication skills
- Be able to work under own initiative
- Be able to follow instructions closely from clients to achieve the right result
- Have a calm manner and work well under pressure
- Be a good team player
Good Maths and English skills are required in order to be able to understand and interpret job details and instructions so a minimum C grade would be required at GCSE level or equivalent.
Things to consider
About the employer
- NVQ Certificate in Digital Print Production (Pre-press)
- Technical Certificate in Printing and Graphic Communications
- Functional skills where required
Print and Printed Packaging
British Printing Industries Federation
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by British Printing Industries Federation
Rachael Elliott 01676 526 046 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Aug 2017