Apprentice Office Administrator Bluebird Care South Oxfordshire
Exciting opportunity to develop your administration skills within a fast-growing company that really makes a difference. Working as part of our friendly office team in this varied and challenging role.
Closing date: 25 Aug 2017
£151.88 - £264.38
The current National Minimum Wage rates are £4.05 an hour for 16 - 17 year olds, £5.60 an hour for 18 - 20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship(usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
28 Aug 2017
28 Apr 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Provide general administrative support to the office team and care assistants. Carry out administrative tasks requested by the franchise owner or registered manager.
- Maintain accurate and up to date computerised and hard copy records, for example, staff and customer files. Photocopy and file documents promptly.
- Prepare new customer information packs and distribute.
- Answer telephone and face to face enquiries in a professional and caring manner.
- Talk to customers and their chosen representatives about their care and support taking account of different communication needs and levels of understanding.
- Attend meetings when required, take and distribute accurate notes within a reasonable time.
- Produce copies of care assistant contracts and handbooks. Keep sufficient supplies of ID badges and produce the badges for each care assistant.
- Monitor the stock of uniform, PPE (personal protective equipment) and other necessary supplies for re-ordering supplies and keep records of items issued and returned.
- Assist in management petty cash and keep a record of stock levels for refreshments and cleaning products, replenishing as necessary.
- Assist the registered manager with quality assurance checks. Carry out competitor analysis (such as mystery shopping) under guidance from the registered manager.
- Prepare training rooms before and after each training session – provide refreshments.
- Collect post and take outgoing post to the drop off point as and when required.
- Work flexibly as part of the team and apply Bluebird Care policies and procedures at all times.
- Keep all information about customers and their families secure and confidential except where Bluebird Care policy requires you to share information to protect the interests of our customers.
This list is not exhaustive and you may be asked to carry out additional duties. We will provide you with full training in line with regulatory requirements.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to maintain accurate written and numerical records.
- A professional, friendly telephone manner
- Good computer/IT skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Calm, helpful, flexible manner
- Passionate about providing great quality service to vulnerable people
- Honest with a high level of integrity
- Ability and willingness to follow instructions and work as part of a team
- Ability and willingness to follow Bluebird Care’s policies, procedures and instructions, in particular, Confidentiality.
GCSE English and Maths at Grade C of above (or equivalent)
About the employer
- Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration
- Key skills/Functional skills
- Employment rights and responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by City of Oxford College
Ciera Kent 01865 551881 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 25 Aug 2017