Apprentice Care/Support Worker Homecarers Ltd
Care/Support Workers are to provide physical and emotional support to clients living within their own homes and/or to support clients in accessing day services/daily activities. THE VACANCIES AVAILABLE ARE BASED IN THE KNOTTY ASH/DOVECOT AREA & THE WEST DERBY AREA.
Closing date: 28 Aug 2017
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
01 Sep 2017
03 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
To work closely with other professionals, agencies, colleagues and clients’ relatives to provide a personalised service that meets the needs of individuals maintaining their quality of life. You will provide physical and emotional support as required and demonstrate a caring attitude towards others which is based on respect, dignity and equality.
The role requires a personal responsibility for upholding Homecarers Liverpool Ltd (HCL) Care’s Mission Statement of Values in all areas of your work.
Care/Support Worker Role Responsibilities:
- To provide and maintain a high standard of personal care for each client which may include: Intimate care, hygiene and physical well being
- To adhere to each client’s agreed individualised care plan
- To respond appropriately to medical or health concerns by reporting any concerns to a Locality Manager in accordance within HCL's Reporting policy and procedures
- To strictly adhere to HCL's Care’s Safeguarding of Adults Policy
- To ensure you are familiar with and follow all of the HCL Care policies and procedures
- To provide support and to enable clients with their daily living skills as required, whilst respecting an individuals right to dignity, privacy and choice
- To provide a safe environment for clients whilst maintaining high standards of personal and domestic hygiene, following HCL's Infection Control policy
- To carry a company Identity badge at all times
- To wear a company uniform and use company personal protective clothing (PPE) were applicable according to the companies policy and procedures
- To adhere to HCL's confidentiality policy
Responsibilities as a Member of the Team:
- To work co- operatively as part of a member of multi-disciplinary team
- To report any matters of concern to the Locality manager
- To contribute to a culture of open communication
- To document ,update and maintain the necessary client documentation
- To attend relevant training events and to work towards minimum NVQ/Diploma Level 2 qualification in Adult Health or Social Care or hold an equivalent qualification
- To act in a manner which promotes and ensures Health and Safety in the work place
- To communicate with others in a professional and courteous manner
Requirements and prospects
- To be able to work alone confidentially subject to completion training/shadowing.
- Effective verbal and listening skills.
- Clean UK driving license – desirable.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Time management skills.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Demonstrate sound work ethics.
- Be consistent and fair.
- Be compassionate and understanding.
- Be flexible, adaptable and able to work effectively in a variety of settings.
- Respect cultural differences.
- Work effectively as a member of a team.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Basic Literacy and Numeracy skills.
Things to consider
About the employer
- NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Health and Social Care.
- Functional Skills if required.
Health and Social Care
Liverpool Community College
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The City of Liverpool College
Nicola Phelan 0151 252 3287 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Aug 2017