Office Administrator Apprentice Access Skills Academy Ltd
To assist in the office administrative and business function that support the organisations national delivery of training programmes.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
02 May 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
General office administration including:
- Screening telephone calls, enquiries and requests and handling these where appropriate
- Welcoming and looking after visitors
- Booking and arranging meetings as and when required (on and off site)
- Taking minutes of meetings, if required
- Arranging travel and accommodation for all staff
- Collect and distribute the post
- Maintain data and information in various IT formats ( including Excel) with a view to ensuring data is complete and accurate
- To support and contribute to the completion of prescribed financial processes and procedures and the maintenance of systems and ledger records.
- In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job-holder will be required to perform other duties assigned by their Line Manager
- The job-holder is obliged to comply with Health and Safety procedures as outlined in the Health and Safety Policy
- The terms in this job description are subject to review from time to time
- To work consistently to the highest standards possible
- To take responsibility for personal development, learning and performance levels
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills at all levels including a good standard of written English.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent IT skills, specifically word & excel skills. Must have the basic knowledge and posses the skills of word & excel.
- Previous relevant office experience is desirable.
- Have a positive attitude to the responsibilities and challenges of performing an administrative role.
- Have an assertive and confident manner.
- To be open-minded, honest and approachable.
- To have structured and organised approach.
- Clean and professional appearance.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic in the approach with a passion for a fast paced environment.
GCSE in Maths and English grade C or above or equivalent.
Things to consider
About the employer
Rated as excellent again by government inspectors in 2013.
- Level 2 Diploma in Business and Administration
- Functional Skills in English, Maths and ICT (if required)
Business and Administration
Protocol Consultancy Services
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Protocol Consultancy Services
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017