Apprentice Hair Stylist/Hairdresser Chi Hair Salon
An apprentice opportunity is available at this award-winning and creative salon based in the heart of Henley-on-Thames.
Closing date: 10 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2017
28 Apr 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual who would like to start their career in Hairdressing as an Apprentice.
Your daily responsibilities in this award-winning hairdressing salon will include:
- Welcoming guests and visitors into the salon, assisting with reception duties including making appointments and handling enquiries by telephone and email.
- Responding to clients’ needs at all times including providing refreshments, magazines, gowns, relevant information and advice.
- Shampooing and conditioning clients’ hair.
- Assisting stylists with styling, colouring and perming when requested including neutralising, removing colours and blow drying hair under supervision if required.
- Performing skin testing prior to chemical services.
- Discussing and demonstrating ideal hair care and products to clients.
- Keeping the salon clean and tidy, free of any hazards and maintaining a high level of Health and Safety at all times for clients, visitors and colleagues.
- Working as part of a team to create a positive salon experience.
- Attending training sessions, salon events, workshops and activities both in and outside of the salon.
- Keeping up to date with new collections within Chi Hair Salon and current trends within the hairdressing industry.
- Promoting Chi Hair Salon and its brand principles.
Requirements and prospects
- Hard working
- Passionate about hairdressing
- Willing and eager to learn
- Excellent communication skills
- Respectful to all educators and assessors
- Attention to detail within tasks set and education given
No formal qualifications required, although you will be required to have achieved GCSEs A* to C grades in Maths and English, or equivalent, by the end of your Apprenticeship.
About the employer
Opened in 2006 by Nicole Hewitt. Chi has established a strong reputation for high hairdressing standards. Our team of stylists bring international experience and a genuine love for the hairdressing craft, who pride themselves on providing excellent customer service.
The Intermediate Apprenticeship in Hairdressing includes:
- Level 2 NVQ in Hairdressing
- Level 2 Technical Certificate
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English and Maths, depending on prior qualifications
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
This will be completed by optional monthly workshops at The Henley College or by work-based supported learning with regular visits from an Assessor.
- Attending all salon assessment, training days, team meetings and participating in periodic training reviews.
- Complete courses offered within CHI Hair Salon, NVQ Levels and complete all project work and tests set by assessors and instructors in agreed timeframe.
- Adhere to information received during training.
- Demonstrating learning to team, new assistants and guests.
- You will need to provide suitable hair models to assist your training when requested and have them on call if needed.
THE HENLEY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Henley College
June Hogan 01491634083 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 10 Sep 2017