IT Systems & Networking Apprentice KELSEY NETWORKS LIMITED
Kelsey Networks Ltd are looking to recruit an IT Systems & Networking Apprentice to join their team.
Closing date: 28 Aug 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
04 Sep 2017
27 Apr 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious individual to join an established company in the IT & Communication Support industry. Formed in 2001 and based in Warrington town centre, we have already successfully taken on apprentices that form a vital part of the company and have been promoted within the business to full-time positions.
As the successful applicant your main duties will be to act as first line IT support; answer support calls via email ticket desk and update the ticketing system. You will work with a variety of exciting IT technologies including Microsoft Windows XP, 7, 8, 10, Office 2010, 2013, 2016 and various Microsoft Windows Servers and mobile devices.
You will demonstrate a professional telephone manner and learn how to resolve support requests. You will manage the data backups and assist with IT projects from time to time, including site visits; working under the guidance and with support from nominated staff within the business.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide 1st line IT support to our customers.
- Deal with support requests via email and telephone.
- Deal with support alerts via remote monitoring system.
- Update ticketing system.
- Manage client backups.
- Assist the Management Team to deliver tasks in line with company objectives.
- Provide additional assistance to the Admin & Support Teams.
- Plan, monitor and review IT projects.
Requirements and prospects
- Must be able to deal with a stressful environment.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on your own initiative.
- Good time keeping skills and an ability to work within deadlines.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Happy to get stuck in.
- Hands-on and flexible with all aspects of the role.
- Hardworking, motivated and enthusiastic with a willingness to learn.
- Sense of humour
- Ideally have 5 GCSEs at Grade A-C, or equivalent, including Maths and English.
Things to consider
About the employer
KELSEY NETWORKS LIMITED
The successful candidate will receive ongoing training relevant to their ability level and immediate requirements:
- IT Professional Level 3
- Work based observations and assessmen
Dependent on development / interests this would be followed by:
- ITIL training and certification
- Cisco CCENT and CCNA training and certification
- PRINCE2 (or equivalent) training and certification
IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals
TOTAL PEOPLE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Total People Ltd
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Aug 2017